Star Wars: Rogue One thread

Hello everyone! this thread is on the upcoming Star Wars spinoff film coming in 2016, now we have common questions and their answers

#Who?
the current name of the cast is unknown.

#What?
The story is the rebels are trying to get the Death Star plans.

#When?
The time this is on the timeline is between episodes III and IV.

#Where?
The film will take place on Geonosis, the area from Attack of the clones that the clones battled the droids in.

(the fifth W isn’t here because why not?)

enjoy!

Screeches
#FIXED THE TYPO IN THE TITLE ;_;
Also. Hype! Geonosis is cooooooooool!

it would be cool if we could get some wreckage from the battle of geonosis, like old clone wars walkers, some downed gunships, maybe we could even have one of those techno union ships lying down in a dune of sand!

I’m hoping it would be more gritty and war-like and with an overall darker theme. Like mixing Star Wars with Zero Dark Thirty/Black Hawk Down.

I heard that Starkiller from the Force Unleashed games will be in it.

I doubt it, considering the SK is non-canon now.

° ¸. ¸ :. . • ○ ° . . . ¸ . ° ¸. ● ¸ . …somewhere ° ° ¸. ● ¸ . ° :. . • ° . :. . ¸ . ● ¸ ° . ° :. . • ○ . ° . ● ¸ . ° . • ○ ° . ° :. . • ○ . ° ¸….Way up high… ● ¸ ° ° . ¸. ° . . ¸ . ° ¸. ● ¸ . … in the Universe… ° ° . . • ° . * :. . ¸ . ● ¸ ° . ° . . ° :. . • ○ ° :. . • ○ ° :. . •
…someone revived this thread…

RIP the non-canon after the great disney-polypse.

takes off hat

It will star Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Riz Ahmed, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk.

names of characters or actors?

Not revealed, just the cast.

Dat cast. Seriously that Alan is in it makes me happy. I’m wondering if this will feature Kyle Katarn at all.

Kyle was swept away along with all the other EU stuff after Disney took the cake.

The games were, but the character isn’t. JJ said that Kyle was still a character in the universe. Lemme see if I can find the clip that said it.

"The last of the jedi, you are…"
Yoda

True, but he wasn’t a jedi at the time. He was still a blaster type of guy :slight_smile: He didn’t become a jedi until after Episode VI.

He barely used a blaster in episode 6, when he became a jedi.

Just want to point out the guy who is directing this movie is same guy who directed Godzilla (2014).

Vader’s only going to get 14 minutes in it, then.

Well i can’t lie when i say the movie wasn’t the best, but he still did capture the film style of the old Showa movies with little screen time for Godzilla and all.