Stage 2: Third-Person Hunter Glitch [logged]

pc

This is a very interesting bug. I’m not 100% sure but after looking at the video footage (uploaded to YouTube here - language warning) I think it was caused by getting sent flying by the monster while attempting to “revive” a fellow hunter (from the Downed state - I was playing Kala at the time this happened). Basically what happens is you’re stuck in third-person. No animations of the character play, in this instance Kala was stuck standing with her hand extended (revive animation position). I could still move, switch weapons (although weapons weren’t held normally, as she was stuck in the position), fire weapons, use teleporters (and even teleport through them).

The thing that fixed it was being revived after being downed (I was downed in this third-person camera mode still, and could fire the pistol while downed, in third person) - this isn’t shown in the video because I shadowplayed (didn’t want to wait too long in case the instant it happened was cut off). The camera instantly switched as soon as our Assault player STARTED to revive me, so I was in first-person in the downed state for a few seconds before I was up again - still in first person, for the rest of the game.

Any other info I’d be happy to present. Sorry about the low quality video btw, not sure why it’s only in 720p and not 60fps :confused:

Oh, and I mention in the video “my controls are messed” - the way the character is facing in the video isn’t necessarily “forward” with regards to the controls, it was seemingly random which button I had to press to go “forward” - often it was “D” but the character model rotates oddly in that state so sometimes it was even “S”. Just weird.

Stuck in 3rd person after tried to revive player and decoy interrupted it (logged)
Stage 2: Statue Mode (logged)
3rd Person Survivor (With Reversed Controls) (logged)
Camera bugged in third person as hunter while helping a downed alley
Hunter Stuck In Third Person
Hunter Stuck In Third Person
3th Person bug
Stage 2: Bug with Resurrecting Hunters

This bug had just happened to me. https://gyazo.com/50c43e7c99b544eecbd2b430c2724165 <- Screenshot of it. What happened was I was reviving my teamate and I was attacked by wraith, then a second later I got pulled by him with his ability and it put me into third person. I couldnt shoot straight or move straight and I died shortly after because of it. At the same time a mouse on screen bug happened to me which is very annoying to deal with.

Thanks for the vid I’ll make sure this gets linked to the issue we have in for it much appreciated.

Also happened to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsU2EcCjDG4&feature=youtu.be&t=223

OMG I know that must have sucked donkey balls, but that is hilarious.

I see a Dev is already on it :slight_smile:
If anyone sees others getting this glitch tag me and/or link them to this Topic please!

Hey guys,

there’s a bug where sometimes when you get hit by a monster, you end up stuck in 3th person and unable to do anything.

i have seen a topic on this on reddit, but i’ll post this here so you guys are aware.

i hope this game gets the love it deserves!!!
awesome job on the overhaul!!

Much love and appreciation <3

I was playing “Kala” and Wraith’s explosion attack got me stuck in third person, in which i couldn’t control my character’s movement as i would normally. I tried pretty much everything but nothing worked. Here is a screenshot below.

Thanks for the reports guys :slight_smile: we are working on a fix for this. I’ll make sure all these vids and screenshots get added to the issue. Keep reporting anything weird you guys see our QA team is constantly looking at the forums.

So this just happened now, played as a Trapper and fight was against a Wraith. One of my team mates went down and i tried to help him, at this point i got flown away by one of wraiths abilities and found out that i was bugged in third person, the character was still playing the “reviving” animation and i could still shoot my gun but couldn’t turn and could glide around. I even went down and my character was standing up, i could still shoot my pistol.

Here are two quick screencaps.

And here’s me downed but still up in third person.

Hope this helps.

So this just happened now, played as a Trapper and fight was against a Wraith. One of my team mates went down and i tried to help him, at this point i got flown away by one of wraiths abilities and found out that i was bugged in third person, the character was still playing the “reviving” animation and i could still shoot my gun but couldn’t turn and could glide around. I even went down and my character was standing up, i could still shoot my pistol.

Here are two quick screencaps.

And here’s me downed but still up in third person.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Thus bug has been logged but every little bit helps!

Title says it all. Got not video. We were fighting a Wraith, I was trying to help up the trapper, the decoy interrupted it and I was put in 3rd person. I couldn’t do anything except watch Torvald in 3rd person.

Leaving the match and rejoining fixed it.

Seems to be triggered by the pick up interrupt, had the same scenario happen with an Elder Kraken, unfortunately the only vod of the game didn’t get a view of the bug, was on Wraith Trap.

This issue is being tracked and we are working on a fix.

Had an issue like this happen but with normal Kraken.

Darkinwolf and I are sure you can reproduce this relatively easily:

I was downed as Val, Bucket came to pick me up, while he is in 3rd person view while reviving he was hit by a Banshee mine which caused him to become stuck in 3rd person as well as had reversed his controls.

The map was weather control and we were near the generator while it happened, just off to the right where there is a cave, right next to the tree. I’ll get a screenie if needed of the rough spot.

Had this bug today too, also while playing against wraith, and I think also while trying to revive another hunter.

Fix incoming soon :slight_smile:

Seems to happen after you get pounced by the monster. If you get rescued, you stay in 3rd person and your WASD controls are reversed, and your aim is thrown way off. Don’t know how replicable this is, but it happened to my friend one game after getting pounced by a Wraith as Caira, then happened to me the next game after getting pounced by a Meteor Goliath as Markov.

This happened also to one of my teammates in a match. It caused so much issues… We were like yelling: “Timeout! Timeout!”

It was kinda hilarious if it just wasn’t so broken. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello, this issue has been logged and they’re working on a fix. :slight_smile: