Stage 2: The Wraith's Kit as it is now

So after playing the hell out of the new build throughout the day yesterday, I’ve found some changes on the Wraith to be worrisome.

[details=My gripes]

• Supernova was nerfed. Again. Tiny radius, blink-of-an-eye duration, still suffers the same DPS problems she had from the previous version. I’m forced to pair it up with Decoy to get any decent damage output out of it. Ideally, this ability is supposed to hold its own.
  • Abduction’s range was nerfed too, I can’t perform the snipes I used to, and there’s a long ass delay on the initial cast time (which I think is a bug). I don’t have much qualm with this, honestly.
  • Decoy’s still kinda derpy, but kinda OP (more on that later).[/details]
Overall

I feel the damage in her kit could be shifted back to SN from Warp Blast and Abduction and Decoy reverted to being able to do heavy attacks. With the way hunters can get out of a heavy stun lock easily now, there’s no need to worry about getting pinned too much, if you get stuck in a corner, it’s honestly your fault at that point.

Contrasting this to the other monsters, she’s a hell of a lot better, but half of her kit is still lacking. I’m forced to pair up Decoy and Supernova to prevent the medic from outhealing what I do with it.

If I play the Goliath, I get meaningful damage output across the board, and even damage output at that.

To Summarize:

• Warp Blast/Abduction; Some of its damage output should be shifted to Supernova. The duration and tiny radius is enough of a nerf.

• Decoy; The attack rate by base is far too high, the damage output by itself is sorely lacking as well, but that’s a different story. I feel changing the melee damage should be similar to a Kraken until the third point where it’s on par with the original Wraith; so a progression of 70/90 on the light melee and 175/225 on the heavy. As-is, I’m forced to pair it up with Supernova and go ham with it. Pairing it up with SN, I would say just make it do less damage than the original Wraith overall.

• Supernova; It STILL suffers the same fucking problem from the last patch: Terrible. DPS. Output. I’m forced to pair it up with Decoy to get any meaningful damage out of it, especially against teams that know what the hell they’re doing or any team with Val on it. 90/99 per swing will give it a nudge to where it needs to be, I couldn’t care less about the radius & duration at this point, just shift the damage in her kit back to the other half so I can get a meaningful damage output from it.

So for the abilities, may as well poll them…
Warp Blast

• Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Fine
  • Other (explain below)

0 voters

Abduction

• Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Fine
  • Other (explain below)

0 voters

Decoy

• Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Fine
  • Other (explain below)

0 voters

Supernova

• Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Fine
  • Other (explain below)

0 voters

I haven’t noticed any difference between decoy with SN and Decoy without supernova it seems to attack at the same or similar speed it does the same damage. Testing on large wildlife it doesn’t kill them noticeably faster like as long as I start the decoy within melee range they kill them and wait a second before despawning if its the range of a traversal they despawn as they kill the large wildlife. Yeah with the 10% damage increase on SN there is no difference between SN decoy and normal decoy floating damage numbers.

It does work better to pair them together cause otherwise if you focus the same target you’re knocking them out of range when you pull out a heavy melee.

My only real gripe with Abduct atm is the delay long range abducts were very very reliant on unobservant hunters.

Talking damage-wise. The attack rate w/o SN is overkill imho, a limited set would do better.