These are a few bugs that I have encountered on PC (roughly in order from least annoying to most annoying):
- Occasionally the mouse is visible in-game, but this can be fixed by opening and closing the steam overlay a few times.
- Occasionally the mouse is not visible in the menus, but this is solved the same way as above.
- I was put into a game once where every character was being controlled by a human, and I was forced to spectate, unable to take over any bots. I could not bring up the menu to exit, so I had to alt-tab and right click Evolve in the task bar to close it.
- I was playing a game as assault, and another player had a very strange character that they were playing. Their health bar was a darker blue (like Daisy’s), and their character was a thin, black robot-looking character. I don’t know what weapons and gear they had, but I saw them holding a chain gun that looked very similar to Hyde’s (I was playing Markov). After doing some research, it looks like this is a known bug where they spawned as a colonist soldier from the tutorial, but I figured I would still add it to my list nonetheless.
- I’ve been able to escape a mobile arena with the Abduction ability of the Wraith. I was outside the range of the arena, and they threw the arena as I was flying out. I missed, and by the time I started flying back, the arena had fully formed (this part I’m sure about). However, I still flew back to where I started, through the edge of the arena.
- The game occasionally won’t let me back out of a queue. Sometimes, I’ll click the back button, and it’ll stop the queue about 10-15 seconds later, while other times it won’t stop at all and I need to, like the spectator only game, alt-tab, right click Evolve on the task bar and close it that way.
- When finishing a game, the screen sometimes cuts to black after showing my progress and how I compared to average (once the timer hits 0, and it would normally show the map recapping the game, that’s when I get just a black screen). The only way to get out of this is the same as above, alt-tab, task bar, close.
- Sometimes, when I release my push-to-talk key, my mic stays on, as if I had open mic. This stays for at least 10-15 seconds, and then I can usually get rid of it by pressing the push-to-talk key again.
- I don’t know if this is intentional, but in borderless windowed mode, alt-tabbing still minimizes the game for me. Most games that I use in borderless window mode will leave the game up when I select a window on my other monitor, just leaving it out of focus. However, Evolve minimizes the game completely as if it were in fullscreen mode.
- When joining mid-game as a stage 1 monster, evolving to stage 2 removes your starting abilities, leaving you only 3 skill points total at stage 2. For example, I took over a stage 1 Kraken bot that had 1 point in lightning strike, 1 point in banshee mines, and 1 point in aftershock. When I evolved to stage 2, I put 2 points in lightning strike and 1 point in vortex. Once I finished evolving, I could no longer use banshee mines or aftershock, because the points were removed from them. Once I got to stage 3, I then got 6 more points to put into abilities, giving me the normal total of 9 at stage 3. However, the first time this happened to me, I was playing wraith, and once I got to stage 3 it then gave me only 5 points to spend, bringing me to a total of 8.
These are the only bugs I can remember that I have run into. Overall, this game is INCREDIBLY fun, and once these bugs are fixed (especially the last one), I will be an extremely happy person. Keep up the great work!
EDIT: Added a couple more bugs.