Stage 2: Lazarus Strategy, Tips and Advice

Need help or have some advice you want to share?
This Topic is designed for those that wish to ask for and/or offer advice regarding Lazarus.

Please do not boast about your skill level, call other people out or belittle others’ play-styles. Do not mention/talk about leaderboard ranks and/or tournament wins as these usually devolve into derailed Topics.

That being said, please keep the conversations friendly as there are lots of players on these forums that dispense good advice.

##Archive
Check out advice from Legacy Evolve Lazarus players!

1 Like

I’m looking to get better with Lazarus as so far he’s my favourite medic to play as. If you consider yourself good with Lazarus, give me some tips. What perks do you use, tactics, etc.

@Parham You got some tips to share?

1 Like

Rocket Man, Leadership, Reloader.

I think that’s the order of perks and one word for Lazarus. Patience. You won’t always be able to get a revive but wait for the perfect moment for when you can.

2 Likes

cd reduction should be quite efficient. don´t go into the arena, stay at the border

1 Like

Laz is the game’s stealth man

Essentially during dome fights, you want to play hide and seek with the monster. Sure he’ll always know where you’re at with his smelling, but focus on being nothing but evasive and only go into the fray for a heal burst if you’re 100% sure you’ll be fine coming out of it.

Use your cloak defensively. Dont pop it just for the rez on people.

1 Like

My personal advice… Wait until he’s in a better spot. His cloak is far too situational, his healing isn’t his best feature, and the glove is only good if you’ve got a monster who doesn’t finish off a player. Personally I’m hoping that they’ll do something about his personal cloak in the future, and replace it with a proper gamechanger :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t risk your life to rez someone. That’s not what he is about.
Laz is all about making the monster take more health damage per hunter strike than normal.
With a Laz, monsters don’t want the progress they made to be nullified, so they’ll camp the body to prevent Laz from removing the strike. Use that to your advantage and stay away until either the monster leaves or he is distracted long enough for you to safely rez and escape.
Never, ever, in your wildest dreams hope to rez someone if a monster is camping, let everyone damage and punish.

4 Likes

I like staying behind my team so that I don’t get domed in with the monster. After the dome goes off, I stay near the edge, supporting my teammates with Healing Bursts. When the moment calls for it, I join the fray, try to make myself as much of a nuisance to the monster as possible and pray my teammates know what they are doing. Since Lazarus’s HB seems to have quite some range and value behind it, I like taking 10+15% CDR with rocket man as tier 1 perk.

The key is to make monster regret whatever it’s doing, no matter what it is. It’s body camping? Bring out your damage. It’s focusing you? Tank with Healing Bursts and let your team do your job. It downed a hunter but isn’t keeping an eye on them? Lazarus Device them straight into the battle!

3 Likes

I’ll be back on this thread in the morning. I just got home.

2 Likes

Partying are we :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to believe this however today I just played a group that utilized him so well I could not beat them with stage 3 elder kraken with damage buff on map and maxed damage reduct perks. A good laz player and well organized team is insane. Probably best meta medic in my opinion. Keep in mind I had 2 strikes on all 3 other hunters as well and could only manage to down laz once towards the end.

Can someone confirm Laz can healburst through a dome still? I swear I tried this and it did not work, had to go inside to heal team up.

Yes he can

1 Like

He can heal outside dome

The Lazarus thread has been revived. How fitting.

2 Likes

Has already been provided as a tip (see higher up this thread) - but thank you for the mention! :slight_smile:
Also, welcome to the TRS forums! Hope you find it cozy here (most people do).

3 Likes