SUPPORT
UTILITY: Cabot
Alternative: Hank
DAMAGE: Bucket

TRAPPER
UTILITY: Griffin
ALTERNATIVE:Maggie
DAMAGE: Abe

While this makes sense, I don’t think it will be applicable until there are at least 3 of each ‘subclass’

I think the sorting is very accurate though! I can definitely see a pattern… Perhaps this was part of the TRS design plan?

It’s possible.

ASSAULT
BEARD: Hyde
NO BEARD: Parnell
ONE EARED: Markov

MEDIC
BEARD: Lazarus
NO BEARD: Val
NO FEAR: Caira

SUPPORT
BEARD: Hank
NO BEARD: Bucket
MOST FEARED: Cabot

TRAPPER
BEARD: Abe
NO BEARD: Maggie
HARPOONER: Griffin

Beardvolve.

#FearTheBeard

I don’t think there’s enough members of each role to consider this yet plus both the categories and placements feel odd too. The categories do seem broad enough to be able to fit new hunters into at least one but say that isn’t true for one or two of tier 4, will you just make another sub for that class? Seems pretty unecessary.

Val is definitely more utility than Caira, with a primary damage weapon that benefits allies and tranq having multiple effects.

I really can’t see Cabot as having more utility than the guy with the shield and zone control/damage tool. Cabot feels more like the alternative.

The problem with labelling Parnell as damage is that Hyde’s damage is higher. Hyde does nothing but damage to the monster too. Parnell feels much more like an alternative because his playstyle differs so much to the other assaults.

While I’m sure one could write huge paragraphs about what the different hunters do, here is the short version:

ASSAULT
DPS: Markov
BURST: Hyde
DPS+BURST: Parnell

MEDIC
HEALING PER SECOND: Val
GIMMICK/BURST:Laz
BURST HEALING: Caira

SUPPORT
DAMAGE MIGRATION: Hank
DPS: Bucket
BURST: Cabot

The trappers are hard to sum up in one word. They work the same, but use different tools.

HANKED
NOT HANKED
TYRANNOSAURUS HANKED…

Sorry that was stupid but I couldn’t restrain myself. I will leave quietly

You misspelt EPIC MUTTON CHOPS

ASSAULT
Russian Stereotype: Markov
British Stereotype: Hyde
'Murikan Stereotype: Parnell

MEDIC
Bubblegum Rainbow Sprinkles: Caira
Man Scientist Necromancer: Laz
Not Caira: Val

SUPPORT
Not Hank: Cabot
Jesus: Hank
Robot Not Hank: Bucket

TRAPPER
Not Other Trappers: Griffin
Anti Sneak: Maggie
Anti Run: Abe

I must say that I find “Bubblegum Rainbow Sprinkles” a very funny thing.

Well, being a man does set Lazarus appart from the other medics, but you would think that isn’t his most defining factor…

Also, you messed up the trapper section:

TRAPPER
Anti-run: Griffin
Anti-sneak: Maggie
Flypaper, baby!: Abe

I’m not sure there’s a point to it. We’d at least four hunters in each category before we can start actually " grouping " them, and even then I don’t think it would actually add anything, other than possibly assisting the theoretical group of people who are being picky about what hunter they pick, but refuse to look at the tutorial videos and whatnot.

Griffin is THE anti-run trapper. You can’t do it lest you set off sound spikes and he can completely halt monsters on demand.

Against Abe you may as well throw them off the trail then run as fast as you can eating stuff. Want to get those meats before they’re darted and you aren’t likely to give him line of sight. Besides, Abe can’t stop traversal running and you HAVE to run when tagged. Run, sniff and keep obstacles between you and Abe until the tag falls off.

@MrTalha ah, beat me to it!

I actually heard that Abe was the Anti Run Trapper from Gentlemen Squirrel’s recap play against the 2K team so…

Take it up with the pro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: