Soo Torvald didnt get touch >.>

Torvald’s shotgun is kind of crappy when compared to the lightning gun, but of course, we are comparing a projectile weapon to a lock-on weapon.

Also, wraith wrap blast does knockback, hit and run, do that, and torvald will have a harder time dunking u with the mortars.

Then I say increase the cool down on the Shrapnel Grenades to like, 3 seconds. His Mortars are only a problem if a monster isn’t mobile.

1 Like

First off, Torvald is out damaged by Parnell, and is only a bit higher than Hyde’s. Second, each assault has 2 weapons and a utility item. Torvald’s utility item isn’t his mortar, it’s his grenades. Torvald’s mortar is a second weapon, just like Hyde’s minigun or Markov’s assault rifle. Making him have a long cooldown on his mortar would mean he would do no damage. He would need to reload his mortar and shotgun at the same time, having no other weapon to use while he does. His grenades have no cooldown, but that’s because they do basically no damage and are for adding weak spots.

Torvald’s kit is made so that you are constantly cycling through his weapons. You throw a grenade, shoot the weak spots with your shotgun, then fire your mortars, then repeat (only using grenades when marks disappear). If you add a long cooldown on his mortar, you remove this cycle. You can no longer do it properly because when you swap to your mortar because it would still be reloading, meaning you would sit there waiting and doing no damage.

4 Likes

torvald still does the most damage even with the 10 percent less damage

I think he was a little higher then Hyde, but with the new toxic buff on Hyde he will do more. I mean now people won’t be afraid to just keep putting them down.

He’s the third most damaging, not the highest. @hohoho479 and @xxBAscoobyxx

1 Like

I just remembered it the other way around I guess. I do remember him posting it but I must have read it wrong at the time.

Lol yeah don’t worry about it must have been the one previous to this that you were remembering but that was pre-micropatch.

Well with the new Hyde buff I think hyde will walk away from Torvald.

I do see it as a lower risk move but don’t think it’ll affect his damage output by much. Plus Torvald did receive a buff as well for his Shrapnel Grenades.

No. Not true at all. Unless the roof is VERY VERY close over torvald it doesn’t help, and guess what? He can shoot it point blank and do full damage while you’re pounding away at him.

That guy needs a minimum range like Macman said is in the title update. He also needs a slight reload speed cooldown.

I think it will affect damage only because most Hydes don’t spam it, so with no reason not to now I just think most people will do more damage with it.

You can only place one at a time

My favorite strategy against Torvalds mortars is to just move. I’m a simple man that don’t bother with caves and the like. Simply moving work wonders when it come to reduce damage from Torvald as long as you are not Behemoth/use rock throw. A shame tough, since I like rock throw.(And Behemoth, ;))

To be honest I think Torvald has an advantage in somewhat confined spaces because, especially with Goliath and Kraken, you can forget about dodging those mortars. Like the caves in Rendering Plant.

I know that it was just that before with the slow a good bit of people would really wait before throwing them. Now people will almost just keep tossing then when they get them back. People won’t be afraid to hold there team back.

They all have two damage dealing weapons and a utility. The only two who have to wait are Hyde and Parnell. Markov can spam mines like no tomorrow.

And both of their main weapons have long cool downs after a constant period of damage output.

If you put Parnell up close, he does more damage than Torvald.

If you put Markov at medium-close range, he does more consistent damage than Torvald. And it’s easier to do it. Same with Hyde.

If you are versus an airborne monster, they all do more damage than Torvald.

Torvald is a very situational assault and he does high burst damage, but he hits more fresh air than any of the other assaults.

It seeeems like he does more, but his mortar damage regularly falls between the 10-20K range, which is where it should be.

I’m pretty sure Parnell was only out damaging Torvald in the data because they forgot to subtract the super soldier redundancy. Regardless, let’s not forget Torvald also boosts the damage of his teammates which is certainly something to consider. I think unless we’re kidding ourselves we can look at the mortars and pretty safely say they do too much damage for how quickly they reload.

Torvald can’t deal damage with mortars when you’re:
A) In his face
B) Moving
C) Have a roof

He’s not OP. In fact, he’s in what seems like a perfect spot right now ever since those mortars can’t fire straight up.

That point blank is a bug thats gonna get fixed, so it shouldn’t count when we talk about balance.