[Solved] Game not rendering except the UI / Black screen

Do you want me to keep the video up for other users?

1 Like

Yeah, if it is no problem.
A screenshot right in the first post would help, too.

And could you add “[SOLVED]” at the end of your thread title? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yah this seems to be the main fix for black screens, etc.

2 Likes

I dont have the part […\273350] in my folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXX.
I just have some other weird numberfolders.

Open the number folders and look if any of them has a subfolder called “273350”.

There are no subfolders called “273350”.
In ervery single of those folders i a subfolder called “remote” and a “.vdf” data.
Sorry if I cant explain it that well but my English isnt the best in terms of pc-knowledge.

273350 is the steam appid for evolve. It should be there if you have the game installed. make sure you are in the right folder under /userdata/ the right folder should be the steamid of the account that has evolve. If you don’t have it, try validating your evolve install or run the game and see if it shows up after (which you should have run already since you know you have the glitch)

Please see the User Data section here for an easier way to do this (run the batch file).

I don’t even see this issue in that thread

EDIT: I see it now but it’s under the wrong category and needs it’s own. It’s extremely hard to find because the issue isn’t a crash on startup problem.

1 Like

Scroll down until you see the words

User Data

Edit: I see your point there

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, this has been updated.

1 Like

The game doesn’t work anymore for me, i keep getting stuck in a black screen at the beginning of the match! please FIX IT!! I liked this game so much

Please try this.

1 Like

Can someone walk me through this???

Just go to where it says user data and click “this batch file” once that is downloaded run it and you should be good.

1 Like

game does not start after doing this

It shouldn’t affect the games ability to launch. Try verifying your game cache with steam.

http://i.imgur.com/l9NRe6N.png

1 Like

as soon as you delete the userdata, restart steam so it recreates the data folder. also just for safe measures xD

1 Like

I’ll add to the batch file instructions to tell users to quit Evolve and Steam first.

2 Likes

Thank you. This worked. Oddly it was working on my account, but on my son’s account it was having the blank screen. After searching to see which userdata was his, deleted the contents of the folder and voila, it worked… glad to get that far as even getting it to launch the game from his account took a bit of bug hunting. He’d launch from the library, then it would just stop and go to the store page for the game. Eventually found out I had to turn off sharing, then reshare to make it work as it was still sharing the original game I pre-purchsed, so it was confused I guess. Anyhow, today, we had this odd blank screen or other odd screen, and couldn’t play, but this fix worked.

1 Like