So tired of the dlc fighting

No I’d stay if there was just free maps it adds all new elements to the game and gives you new strategies to try depending on the dynamics of the map and wildlife

Ever heard of cod? One of the most successful mp titles ever made, and all they ever really add is map packs which kept people coming back.

Okay that’s a good point I won’t lie. I can’t really argue it, but say having more content would obviously more then likely keep people interested then only maps. And the more people the better.

Lets go a different route whats the downside to it.

I’m not sure what the problem is period. But I personally am a huge fan of DLC! As far as I’m concerned TRS, please make DLC for Evolve for as long as possible. New maps, monsters, hunter classes, I don’t care. I’ll be happy to spend those small amounts for that fun new stuff! For a long darn time to come!

Totally agree!!

Agreed, bring on the DLC!

If the DLC non-issue wasn’t such a big deal to most people I’d disagree, because there are people out there that can bring a new perspective and enlighten others. I don’t believe in negativity for negativity’s sake, but everybody has the right to complain and argue if they don’t like a particular thing. It’s just too bad that a lot of people who complain are being generalised when there’s some great points out there against the practice of DLC as a whole, not just Evolve’s methods.

With this DLC for example if people want it for free that’s absolutely fine. If they say “hurdur gimme free dlc trs sux coz i dont have money to bi it”, that should be shrugged off. But if someone has a genuine complaint (and they should considering the exploitation of DLC and microtransactions), they should be able to air it without fear of being dogpiled on by loyalists or critical readers which I have seen a few times regarding this game and others.

I also have to ask why the issue exists - was it because the developers didn’t explain their motives clearly, or was it because the press made the article so it would shame them? I think it’s a bit of both to be honest, and while the people of TRS are certainly explaining themselves a lot better here on the forums it would vastly help if their responses were posted around the net; share them on Twitter and Facebook; C&P them in comments sections; email them to the interviewers so that they might give a followup on the article. People are clinging onto old information and sure, it might be their fault to not check the forums, it wouldn’t hurt for them to get some new perspective from fans who just tell others what the devs have said word for word.

I really feel like that most people don’t get the point of the complaints at all . It’s not to tease the Dev team etc. it’s to help (just had to quote that nice said) :

And for some here why do you not respect the opinion of others ? Some things here are really respectless . To just mark one opinion as wrong without trying to understand the opposite side is just not working .

Do you think people will take you serious after saying things like that ? You can’t talk like that cause someone disagrees with your opinion . Instead you could try to understand why they are saying something against it.

Really? You said this in the Complaints about DLC thread:

Well it’s totally fine to have interest in supporting you own game but what the game offers with 3 monsters is just not satisfying since the game cost 60 bucks . And then i have to pre-order it otherwise i have to pay again to get a monster which should be available for everyone . It’s okay to thank people with skins etc. but to make one of the 4 monsters part of it ?.. It will limit the experience for players which decide againts pre-ordering . Why was it impossible to ship 6 monsters on release for everyone as an example ? Also as i said in a early post a game needs to be able to stand alone for a while without needing dlc. Why are you afraid that the community would die out when you talk of how much replay value the game has ?

I understand your opinion, and I disagree.

okay …but this is not the right thread if you have something to say about my post and why you disagree please post it in the thread it was coming from.

Heard of cross-referencing?

well… okay but what’s the point of posting what i said in another thread when you don’t add something to it ?

Relevance.

I feel TRS has a great plan for their dlc. I’ve been buying dlc since cod 5 and fallout 3. It’s just the way video games are being sold. If I don’t enjoy the game, then I don’t buy the dlc. The way I look at it, the game is an investment for me. If I don’t reap profits (enjoy playing the game) then I won’t further invest in it. However, if my investment easily pays off, then I am willing to further invest in the game hence dlc. Yes there are some who misuse dlc to try and simply receive more money, but with talking to the devs, I trust that they will only do things for the sake of their gamers. If they had released this game with the 3 monsters but failed to support it, there would be droves of people who would say “wow, this game is awesome! I don’t understand why they never expanded on this. They could have easily out in new monsters and hunters with dlc”. If the devs have play tested the game for 3 years, they would know if dlc characters would be worth making

Well i just think you’re trying to tease me since i’m not sharing your opinion. (hope i’m wrong) Regarding of what i saw so far in this forum i could imagine that people starting to dislike others cause of their opinion (very normal in forums…). Should have known … eitherway guess that’s that for me . We might run into each other on release . i’m out .

I wouldn’t tease anyone.
Just seems a bit odd you’re talking sense now, when you were saying stuff like;
-'Why was it impossible to ship 6 monsters on release for everyone as an example
-'but what the game offers with 3 monsters is just not satisfying since the game cost 60 bucks
-'I have to pre-order it otherwise i have to pay again to get a monster which should be available for everyone
-'It will limit the experience for players
-‘Why are you afraid that the community would die out when you talk of how much replay value the game has

These phrases are born from your misinformation and misunderstanding of the game and studio.

Well guess a last answer to that . Please don’t say all the time how wrong i’am/how i would be misinformed etc. just explain in your words why . Then what you’re focusing on is not the only thing i said under the whole topic . If you want to talk about what and how i said things please regard everything i said .

People are really silly about DLC. DLC is one of the best and worst things to ever happen to gaming. It’s great because it allows developers to keep building on their games and to keep bringing fresh new content to players so that you can keep playing your favorite games without getting bored. It’s bad IF the developers purposely withhold content to release as DLC later or as some kind of exclusive that costs players more money for the full game. It’s also bad if the DLC released introduces overpowered pay only items (pay2win). It’s also bad if the community gets split from being unable to play together on DLC maps.

There are more ways DLC can fail than it can succeed, one of the ways being greed and the others neglect. That’s why so many devs screw up with DLC and allow it to really harm their game.

In the case of TRS and Evolve it really doesn’t seem like they are withholding any content for release, the community won’t be divided, and they will pay close attention to balance so that a DLC monster or hunter isn’t considered overpowered.

If you want the devs to keep pumping out new content it’s unreasonable not to expect to pay for it. Their time isn’t free.

Well said. Agree completely.

Okay then, I’ll explain why.

-‘Why was it impossible to ship 6 monsters on release for everyone as an example’
As said before in many threads, Monsters are expensive to make. They’re not just some simple character model you would find in another online shooter. These Monsters require so much work and attention on them to make them to a quality which you would enjoy. Would you rather have six, crappy Monsters, or three really good ones, with their own deep gameplay and tactics.
Evolve has been in production for nearly four years, so that should give you an idea of what goes into creating a Monster.

'but what the game offers with 3 monsters is just not satisfying since the game cost 60 bucks’
And you would know because you’ve played all three tiers?
Because it costs $60? CoD is around that price at launch and I can’t think of a more unsatisfying game.
So what you’re saying is, you’d be more satisfied with the game if the price was lower, regardless of the content?

‘I have to pre-order it otherwise i have to pay again to get a monster which should be available for everyone’
It IS available for everyone, its your choice whether to buy it or not. You don’t have to pay anything after launch.
And anyway, whats the problem with pre ordering it and receiving a whole free Monster? Its probably going to cost more to buy it separately, and that doesn’t matter if you’re going to buy the game anyway.
They’re saving you money!

-‘It will limit the experience for players’
In what way? There are already OVER 3000 combinations for gameplay scenarios, and the last tiers haven’t even been revealed yet.
Maps have already been confirmed as free, and you can still play against or with dlc players.
And you’re saying this is ruined by the fact you’re not willing to pay a few dollars or pounds for an entire new tier, each with their own abilities, weapons and gameplay?

-‘Why are you afraid that the community would die out when you talk of how much replay value the game has’
Who ever said they were afraid? That’s just your assumptions.