So how do you play Bucket?

Had a guy get upset with me when two of the teammates died and only he and I were alive in arena. He was playing as Torvald and I was telling him come my way I have turrets hidden in the plants let’s fight him in this area. He decides to yell and me and say:
“You do know Bucket is a support so f**king support me.”
He died and I was able to survive till sudden death and took a large portion of his health but he ultimately won. As expected he bashed me for the next round too when I decided to have his back more often rather than setting up a trap and we all died even quicker. He left the lobby and all after cursing me out for those two rounds.
So my question now if I played bucket incorrectly in arena mode can I get tips on how I can use him better? I really do enjoy him using him.

2 Likes

This, right here, is why you should just forget about it.

I once had a Medic game where a guy cursed me out and called me all kinds of things, saying I was a crappy healer.

I know I’m a good healer. I’m NOT boasting- I’m not claiming to be “MLG” or anything, but I know I’m a good, solid Medic. I have others who testify to that.

But the guy sucked, he was playing like a stoned walrus and he paid the price so he blamed me.

Just forget about it.

Chances are you played Bucket fine- tell us exactly what you did, perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks I never really use bucket so hearing someone say that I do take it into consideration since I don’t know his pro tips.
We were against the Kraken and our medic was his priority both times. Medic died first both rounds rather quickly too. The Kraken body camped the medic so I told assault and trapper to add pressure. That’s when I placed my turrets in some plants. We did decent damage but he eventually killed the medic. Trapper went down immediately after a lightening strike.
That’s when I told the assault to come by my turrets. I didn’t want to move them because they were hidden rather well. But that’s also where I might have messed up a bit. Depending too much on my turrets made me a bit selfish I believe.
The second match was a mess I placed my turrets anywhere trying to help kill the kraken quicker but that went south quickly.

Okay, your only, only mistake here was hiding the turrets in plants.

The Monster has smell. no mater where the turrets- or mines, traps, anything really- are, they show up bright red on his screen. Forget about trying to hide them. You should’ve had turrets all around that body to punish him for camping it. You should’ve had a nice defensive perimeter set up at the end there in a good spot for you two.

I see I had a feeling I could have done more with bucket. So one more question should I spread the turrets out or keep them close to one another?

I’ll like to share this with you, I hope is useful

2 Likes

Spread, but if you see the monster focusing or camping a body, put tons of turret near it so you can scare him off or just punish him for staying there

You didn’t do anything wrong, you were trying to support him exactly how Bucket supports: by setting a death field. If it’s arena then the monster would have to follow Torvald and get shot up. It’s his fault for being ignorant of the fact that Bucket is basically a second assault.

As for turret placement, you can’t hide them from monsters and they’re better spread out :slight_smile: at least to some extent. Keep them distant enough that the monster can’t wipe them all out with one skill but, and this is especially true when the monster has to fight (or chooses to fight instead of run in the case of hunt), try to get their ranges to overlap so you can have a few of them shooting the monster at once.

2 Likes

Yeah don’t beat yourself up!!! People are way too mean with this game at times. It wasn’t your fault, I’m sure. It is great to spread them out, so he monster can’t break them all with one big attack. Don’t worry about it though, like Midnight said you can play perfectly, but people don’t like blaming themselves. I hate when I play Hank and everybody runs out of line of sight so I am struggling to shield them. Everybody needs to work together, sounds like the guy didnt know how to play with Bucket on his team. I’m sure you did fine though.

2 Likes

Yes, you heard it. A stoned walrus!

@ToiletWraith @Shin @Biobane These three and I met one today.

2 Likes

Ugh…
Don’t remind me :c

1 Like

You got sooo mad…It was legit scary. ;-; I thought you were going to kill me. ;W;

1 Like

Something was fishy-
GAHHAHAHAHA
Fishy.
Cause walrus.
ha…
Stifles anger

1 Like

That…Was bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Deep breaths, TW… It’s okay, the fishy walrus thing is gone now, just focus on relieving the rage.

Murdering Mammoth Birds is a great way to relieve some stress! :smiley:

2 Likes

Murdering Mammoth Birds is a great way to relieve some stress! :smiley:

3 Likes

I killed one, but another took its place. Soon I was murdered by a flock of them :frowning: . RIP
It was shocking :slight_smile: , haha aw I suck :frowning: .

For those of you giving bucket advice, please also share it here:

:smiley: