I pre-ordered Evolve on the Xbox One and played a ton post-launch, but my interest waned, mostly because of the DLC practices and the fanbase becoming smaller and smaller.
Now, I saw the headlines about it going free-to-play, and my first thoughts were:
- Just how much more can we be screwed, after TWO Season Passes for a full-priced release?
- Will it be for everyone, and how will it work?
- What do original game owners get?
The answers are as follows:
- Much more, as it seems, because consoles are left behind entirely.
- Refer to the above.
- On console, the middle finger. On PC, something.
And as such, I want to ask: what are your plans for consoles? What do you have in store for the people that paid for this game full-price or not, only to be met with a dwindling playerbase,tons of paid DLC for an already half-made game, and no attempts to revitalize it?
I’m disheartened by the whole situation, and how you’re handling it. I just wanted to share my thoughts with the community, as a console player from day one. Be well, have fun.