'Smartest' monster?

So, who’d you say is the smartest monster? Be that either by skill set, appearance, behavior, or whatever. I meself would say for skill set wraith (warping needs some intelligence I think), appearance I’d say Kraken (he looks like a old and wise wizard), and I dunno about behavior. Gorgon perhaps, since she all about laying traps? I dunno. What do you guys think?

Kraken has that intelligence about him that makes me think in the grand scheme he’s on top of the pecking order.

I’d like to think so too.

Goliath is kinda the ground troops or cannon fodder.
Kraken is a strategist and planner.
Wraith is the scout, sneak in and get information.
Behemoth is the heavy artillery and terraformer.
Gorgon is like a protector. Sets up a base and ambushes any humans that try to reclaim the area.

So I agree with @TheMountainThatRoars, I’d have to say the Kraken is the most ‘intelligent’ Monster.

I would say Elder Kraken with his all seeing eye!

He looks intelligent with his large head and blue eye. He is also smart that he can fly but is just as deadly on the ground.

Well adaptations are noncanonical but yeah, Elder Kraken does give off a wiser and more thoughtful vibe.

I would say Gorgon and Kraken

Kraken looks calculating and stuff

Gorgon actively sets up traps and ambushes junk.

Not sure. Either Gorgon or Wraith. They have less armor and health so they have to make it up by being cunning.

Well, this discussion is hardly canonical anyhow. I doubt any one monster is ‘smarter’ than the rest, as they’re all capable of wrecking the hunters :smiley_cat:

I think mr. Sushi is the smartest out of the group.

Also I thought @Matthew said something a while back about monster pecking order.

Indeed he did, I was the one to transcribe his words to the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

This is his direct quote from the stream that day.

the host as it hasn’t been caught by the hunters :stuck_out_tongue:

nah. i agree with shredd

I think Kraken is at least the most powerful imo. He commands the power of lighting. In the lore he might be stronger than in game even, what with balance limitations. (I’m saying he as a place holder, I know they are genderless.)

The monster that I’m putting together. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gorgon tortures its prey and picks them off mostly 2 at a time,Wraith is divide and conquer, and Kraken forces it prey back to earth…They are the main focus since Goliath and Behemoth just lay down the destruction. All each play a role and they each have to follow that role. So it all really depends on “them”

Goliath have a pretty large forehead which is sign of intelligence.

I think Kala is the smartest Monster now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Behemoth because of his guts hanging out. Bob can just sit there, act like he’s dying/dead, and then strike when the creature is within range.

Wraith.

Kraken seems smart, but he’s actually just a hipster know-it-all google scholar.

hey that’s from one of my screenshots! :smiley: