Wraith is considered very slow, sometimes even called snail. Obviously Movementspeed buffing is not a really good option as it shoud be on par with the other monsters (7.5meters/second I believe). The Warp-Traversal, as stated by the Devs, can not not go farther due to disorienting reasons. It might perform faster or recharge faster, but that would impact combat too much and make Sky-Wraith tactics even more annoying.
What remains is Warpblast. But wait, how about Abduction too?
Abduction has a long travel range already but Wraith moves back to the starting point.
It has some serious disadvantages right now:
- Missing a injured target gives a lot of time to heal up as the whole animation is performed.
- It is still messy sometimes
- Barrages can be placed at the starting point to deal serious and inevidable damage
- 3 points are barely ever worth it
Instead of duration it gains a speed bonus. The duration should stay around the 2 point or 3 point value.
The speed bonus could level up as follows (does not stack with perks):
This would give Wraith more speed in a trade off for less sneakyness. It would also make Super Nova’s attacks easier to hit, provide it with a consistent maximum damage output and makes Wraith less of a unmoving target.
I think the main suggestion has been posted some time ago by someone else, so please excuse not giving credit:
Abduction can be cancelled at any point
in the travel by pressing the button again, making Wraith stop where she ended up. This allows to for some counterplay to missing a target as she can stop right next to it and start melee as well as stopping before she travels back into a barrage.
But most importantly she would have a
2nd traversing ability.
To be balanced, the new Abduction would need to recieve the same out of combat mechanics as Leap Smash, Charge and Warp Blast: Increased cooldown. (From 7-9s to 14-18s for example).
Also the range increase from spent ability points should disappear, not only to make the distance less excessive but also because ability points should increase the likelyhood of hitting it. Therefore I suggest Frequency and Range to be replaced by Speed and Grabbing-Area, which level up by 25% and 65% respecitvely.
Similar to Abduction, I do not think that more ability points should result in a longer distance but rather in a higher probabilty to hit the intended target. Simply changing Range to Speed would be too strong but if the Radius is changed to Volume, the ability points would n0t make such a dramatic Volume change as they do now.
Speed: +65% at 3 points results in 99% of the Speed at release (was nerfed by 40% in 1.3).
Volume: The Volume in which a hunter can recieve damage increases cubic compared to the radius. (4/3 * Pi * radius ^3), which means it increases by 1.25^3 = 1.953 (95% instead of 25%) at 2 points and crazy 1.5^3 = 3.375 (238% instead of 50%).
Taking the current radius of 2 points (7.5m) as the base, 1 point would then result in 7m (instead pitiful 6m) and adjusting the 3 point buff to 65% instead of the current 50% results in 8.25m (instead of 9m, which is a reasonable trade off as it travels 65% faster too).
#Summary of the Suggestion
- Can be stopped at any point by pressing the button again, providing a second traversing ability
- Out of combat cooldown approximatly doubled
- Frequency and Range stay static at approximatly the current 2 point values
- Speed levels up by 25% and 65% per point respectively, with 2 points representing approximatly the current values
- Grab Area, meaning the total area where a Hunter can be grabbed, levels up by 25% and 65% per point respectively, with 2 points approximatly representing the current values
- 3 point in Abduction thus are much harder to dodge and more worth the ability points
- Range stays static at approximatly the current 2 point value
- Speed increases by 25% and 65% per point respectively, making 3 point Warpblast 99% as fast as it was at game release
- Instead of radius leveling 25% and 50% per point respectively, the Volume of Effect levels up by 25% and 65% per point respectively
- Estimated balanced values: 1 Point results in a radius of 7m (instead of 6m), 2 points remain at a radius of 7.5m and 3 points give a radius of 8.25m (instead of 9m)
- Like this the Volume levels up from 1437m^3 (1 point/ 100%) to 1767m^3 (2 points/ 123%) to 2352m^3 (3 points/ 164%)
- 1 Point in Warp Blast gets more viable and kill wildlife more reliable
- 3 Points in Warp Blast result in a faster Warp but a smaller Blast
- Wraith can travers the map faster
- Fewer Points in Warp Blast are more viable
- More Points in Abduction are more viable