Slight Evacuation Change Idea

The Idea: Evacuation has this rule where you can’t play the same game type twice in a row. I think this idea should be applied to the Monster selection as well.

The Problem: It’s a bit of a drag, and rather obnoxious, to be stuck playing against the Wraith 5 times in a row. (NOTE: This applies to any/all monsters, it’s just typically the Wraith most of the time.) Which harms the User experience.

The Complications: The reason it probably wasn’t this way in the first place, is that people need to unlock the monsters first. At this point I think this could be patched in one of two ways. 1) Simply give access to the base three monsters to new players. 2) Allow for Kraken/Wraith to be used just for Evacuation.

The Benefits: For the Monster, This change would get monster players making more strategic decisions in their selection, “Do I want to use [Monster X] now or save it for when we will likely go back to Hunt next round?” For the Hunters, The game remains more dynamic, and the problem listed above is resolved.

Thoughts?

Well fine, as long as you dont choose the same hunter comp over and over again.
Why are people always trying to find ways to bring down monsters but make everything as strong as possible for Hunters?

I’m not a fan of a limit on choice. I thought most other monster players changed their selection throughout the evac campaign to keep the hunters on their toes?

Wraith is probably best for Rescue.
Kraken is best for Hunt.
Goliath or Behemoth best for Nest.
Use your favourite for Defend.

The only changes needed for evacuation are

1. New modes needed.

2. It should randomly Give you the map and game mode. Keep everyone on their toes.

More modes and more maps.

Kraken is best for all lol

Well fine, as long as you dont choose the same hunter comp over and over again.
Why are people always trying to find ways to bring down monsters but make everything as strong as possible for Hunters?

If hunter comp was a problem, then yeah, absolutely. And I also don’t think this would bring down the monster, just spice things up a bit.

I’m not a fan of a limit on choice. I thought most other monster players changed their selection throughout the evac campaign to keep the hunters on their toes?

Wraith is probably best for Rescue.
Kraken is best for Hunt.
Goliath or Behemoth best for Nest.
Use your favourite for Defend.

I wish that were the case, but it’s not, at least for me. I get time for maybe 1 or 2 sets of Evac a week, and it’s pretty much all Wraith, if I’m lucky it’ll be 4 Wraith and Kraken for defend, or just 5 Krakens.

I guess there’s also the possibility that it’s shear coincidence and everyone else’s experience varies.

Shrug It was just a thought, figured I’d share.

Hunter comp is most def a problem.
Tired of seeing all T4 every damn round >~>
Cmon
Pls
Gimme some variance in my fud

I understand that Wraith is good for Rescue but Kraken beasts every other mode, ESPECIALLY Defend.

Totally agree, Kraken is best for all, but I’ve got Kraken to Elite so I have to at least try to get the others there. The Wraith with damage boost on rescue is mind-bogglingly good. Decoy when you get close and then gun it for the survivors while they’re distracted and unleash your other abilities. Fun to be had :wink: