Significant fps drops

#1
  1. Experiencing massive fps drops at certain locations: Just completed a map on new cairo (that was the achievement I got anyways) and every time I approached the generator area (including the super high surrounding builders) I practically freeze up. It’s open season for hunters.

Please review textures for errors.

  1. Still having fps drops when certain abilities go off. Seems like models/abilities are not pre-loading for the characters in the match. This includes the orbital strike ability, and something on the wraith (I don’t have a wraith, so I haven’t been able to test it).

  2. Still experiencing game matches where the hunters are already deployed when the video intro appears where the monster is eating the carcass in the beginning of the match.

  3. FPS drop when cancelling Bucket’s UAV

  4. Finally: FPS drops when starting defend matches. Possibly from the proximity of the generator.

[Logged] Low framerate during the gameplay
Fix the FPS drop and the long loading time! (PC)
Massive laggs and long loading time after patch (PC)
#2

So. What are your specs?

#3

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 830 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 3482MB used, 8801MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Display Devices

      Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
   Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
      Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683D)
       DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
     Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_32321682&REV_00
 Display Memory: 3820 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 2311
Monitor Id: HWP2939
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080§ (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI

#4

Overall your specs are fairly low. While you can run the game, it won’t play nice. TBH I think it’s your machine causing the problems.

#5

I’ve checked it against the forums, run checks on my system. It meets minimum specs. Gameplay is good 90% of the time. The other 10% is ridiculous. If it were my system, it would be 100% ineffective.

Thank you for your imput however. But I think there’s more to it, and I’m posting where I find issues in hopes that something might be found and corrected. MANY People are having fps drops. Just trying to help pin it down.

#6

I’m having the same kind of issues, and I’m running an R9 280x gpu, so I’m guessing they didn’t actually get to fix the resolution timer people were complaining about before 3/19 patch was released.

#7

lol. hadn’t seen this one… Yeah, I’ve been messaging with A LOT of people about these performance issues and there’s no big deal: the game is barely two months old so it’ll take at least a couple months untill EVERYTHING runs nice and smoothly. Just give them time :wink:

BTW OK. I get it. Game is designed for NVIDIA, fine. But I have a very fast amd-ati PC and it makes no sense to me having to play EVOLVE in my freaking 4 years old intel-nvidia laptop because it performs better. NO SENSE.

#8

I can play every map except for fueling tower. The game gets unplayable on this maps. Its not lagging because my hardware sucks ( so fps drops and no smooth play) it freezes and it seems like the vram of my graphiccard is full and gets emptied while the frame freezes and then it runs some seconds and it happens again. It is not my PC it is only on one map. The other maps are all going with 60 fps and v-sync.

#9

More bugs:
was thrown into an object by the concussive blast of a goliath and it crashed my video card (which restarted, thank you AMD) however: I had 0-1fps (despite being able to hear everything) and to everyone else, I was rubberbanding in place where I was stuck on the wall (not behind the wall, on it)

More matches where hunters deploy with the monster. Possibility that graphical lag from the loading screen where your eating the corpse allows hunters to deploy while monster does nothing.

#10

@Shaners can you help him?