Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

Title.

Really I use my computer to play Prison Architect, Spore, FTL, and Evolve. I also need to be able to use Adobe CC. Other than that, is it really better? I have Windows 8.1 right now btw

Well it is naturally a little buggy. It just came out not too long ago. Plus, the upgrade is still free. I don’t really know about all the computer stuff to actually know if you should. But I’ve been pleased with it since I’ve upgraded.

I upgraded soon after it came out, start menu stopped working and had to reinstall it to fix it which killed the option of returning to 8.1, but on this laptop now it works fine, but installed it on another laptop today that was working fine and now its just showing me a blank screen i can move the pointer on, I’d say look around for more info ie youtube or something like that, but so far it hasnt been clear cut for installations for me, but once it works its great and looks a fair bit cleaner

I’d hesitate to call Windows 10 an upgrade. If you’re running Windows 7 stick with that, if you’re running Windows 8 go ahead, they’re both as bad as each other at that point.

Do you think it’ll stop being free? I haven’t updated it yet. One of my friends said she upgraded and it hurt her computer. She had to go on her son’s computer (which didn’t have the windows 10) to look up the problem. That was a few months ago, though. Do you think it’s been fixed? I have some VERY important files that I don’t want corrupted on here.

I believe its only free for a set period. I updated mine when it first came out and haven’t had any problems.

It’s free upto June 2016 afaik. If you dont get it before then, you’ll have to buy the OS.

I for one am gonna stick to Win7 for as long as possible, upgrade at the last second. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was worried it was going to end soon, but now that I know…[quote=“ToiletWraith, post:8, topic:79873”]
upgrade at the last second. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

looks like I’m sticking to this plan

Thanks for all of your input, guys :smile:

These scare me too much.

If you’re on any form of 7, stay there, if you’re on 8, go ahead, it’s as good as you can get.

I’m on 8 and content. What’s better about 10 than 8 exactly, if only slightly? Is it worth these troubles[quote=“VenomQuill, post:5, topic:79873”]
One of my friends said she upgraded and it hurt her computer. She had to go on her son’s computer (which didn’t have the windows 10) to look up the problem.
[/quote][quote=“XYNK84, post:3, topic:79873”]
but installed it on another laptop today that was working fine and now its just showing me a blank screen i can move the pointer on
[/quote]

This is the last version. After this, it’ll be updates with new features, bug fixes, etc.

I would imagine its fixed but who knows, she could downlod it onto her sons computer and put it on a usb key to reinstall it again on her own pc, Im gonna have to try this myself, just dont install on her sons pc

I don’t like how Windows 10 works. Too reliant on you having a bunch of other Microsoft products and it tried to connect to my non-existent XBone every time I started up. Defaulted back to Windows 8. Works better for me.

Updated right when it became available. Never had a single problem besides a resolution autoset error which got fixed by restarting once.

If you use a non-factory keyboard/mouse which require specific drivers, good luck. My Razer mouse didn’t work after the first reboot. Nothing I could do could get it working again. Tried everything I could find on the internet about it. Eventually switched to the alienware mouse that came with my machine and it worked instantly. :stuck_out_tongue:

On win10? As if my Razer mouse weren’t having enough problems… Sigh >_>

Don’t upgrade. I’ve been having really stupid issues with 10 like the Start Menu not functioning properly, (yes, you read that right) it’s been fixed but something that shouldn’t even happen. Other basic functions weren’t working either like right-clicking, crashes because of conflicts with drivers, and other bullshit that’s making me regret changing from Windows 7.

If you really want to, do it near the end of the free upgrade period where it’s matured more. But if you’re on 7 just stick with that, it’s already a solid OS.

Yup. Super weird. Not to mention it took several weeks for Microsoft to “ready” my install after I opted in.

Still better than Windows 8 though.