Send error report option

So I read the new topic “Issue Reporter”. It’s a good step in the right direction but essentially it’s only an interface that takes a lot of work off of @Shaners shoulders. :smiley: It will just make the existing process (players trying to describe a bug) more efficient, it’s no new process / feature.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good thing: You will have more time for the creative work rather than the mechanical work. :slightly_smiling:

Anyways, I would suggest to add a “Send bug report” button to the generic error message dialogs that Evolve sometimes displays. Or just a checkbox in the options whether you want to always send error reports back to TRS.
The report could collect the internal error code, stacktrace and state of the Evolve application and send it to the developers.

That would require a ton of additional coding, UI development, and who knows what else. It’s not a bad idea by any means, it’s just not something that they would simply be able to whip up and turn on.

In your professional opinion? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you have more insight into Evolve or experience in game developing but I think it is fairly easy. But only the devs will know… :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, on a side note: IMO the bugs are one of (if not) the most frustrating things about Evolve that make people quit playing it and the developers should do everything and anything possible to address this problem.
It’s not a “quality of life” suggestion. It’s a badly needed improvement that should have been there from day 1 (or in the best case not be necessary at all ;)).