Motto 1:Join, Connect, Play
Motto 2:For those who hate the monstrous, long matchmaking wait times
Motto 3: Who needs a third motto?
Scrim League Main Hub Topic Link:
When: July 21st starting @ 6PM EST
Who: Anyone can play, however, there is an 16 team limit
Where: Xbox One
While high level play is wanted, it isn’t required. People of all skills are invited to play. This tournament, like all Scrim League tournaments are for (1) practicing, (2) experimenting with the meta, and (3) having fun.
Scrim League Rules
Only one Scrim League Rule: Play for fun.
Play for fun, however, is kind of an umbrella rule; play for fun means:
- No prizes
- Good Sportsmanship
- Anyone can join a tournament(as long as they have enough players)
- And obviously play for the fun of playing(not winning)
Each tournament is based around (1) having fun, (2) practicing, (3) experimenting with the meta.
While playing for fun is important, this doesn’t mean high level play isn’t wanted. In fact, it is wanted along with every other skill level. So, welcome all Evolve fans.
Each team needs 4 to 5 players. In the case of 4, a hunter player would play as the monster as well, in the case of 5, the monster player would never play as a hunter. There are no restrictions on who can play on a team, only that players cannot be on more than one team.
There will be a losers bracket.
- Two designated team members join a party
- Flip a coin to see who picks first
- The team members then proceed to pick maps they do not want to play on(keep in mind you will be playing as both hunter and monster) until there are three left.
- Team 1(who won the coin flip) picks the tie-breaker map.
- Team 2 picks(who lost the coin flip) picks the second map.
- Team 1 is then left with only one map to pick as the first map.
Number of Games in A Match
Each Team will play a 2 matches on each map(except the tie-breaker map, where only one game will be played), one as hunter, one as monster.
Order of Events:
Game One: Team 1 as Monster, Team 2 as hunters on Map 1
Game Two: Team 2 as Monster, Team 1 as hunters on Map 1
Game Three: Team 1 as Monster, Team 2 as hunters on Map 2
Game Four: Team 2 as Monster, Team 1 as hunters on Map 2
How to Win:
To win, a team needs to win at least 3 games after Game 4 has ended.
If either teams has not won 3 games by Game 4, it will then proceed into a tie breaker round.
Team 2(who lost the coin flip) chooses one of two advantages:
- Able to pick what faction(monster/hunter) to play as in the tie-breaker round.
- Ban either 2 hunters(if the opposing team plays as hunters) or 1 monster(if the opposing team plays as monster).
If Team 2 chooses Advantage 1, Team 1 will be able to ban either 1 monster or 2 hunters depending on what faction Team 2 picked. If Team 2 chooses Advantage 2, Team 1 then picks what faction to play as and then afterwards Team 2 picks 2 hunters(if Team 1 is playing hunters) or 1 monster(if Team 1 is playing monster) to ban.
Game 5: Team 1 or 2 as Monster/Hunters(having 1 monster banned or 2 hunters banned by Team 2 or 1), Team 2 or 1 as Hunters/Monster(with no bans) on Map 3(Tie-Breaker Map).
Hopefully that makes enough sense.
If you are unclear about any of the rules, reply below or message me @chrono . If you are interested in playing in this tournament, reply below or message me on the forums @chrono or on XBL(GT: Chrononaut17)
Sign up closes at 11:59pm PST on July 20th