Screen keeps freezing during countdown

I just downloaded Evolve Stage 2 through Steam and was not able to play a single game so far because it keeps crashing. There is no error message, the screen just freezes and the game stops responding (the game music keeps playing, but none of the commands respond). Normally it happens during the countdown in the character selecting screen, but has happened in the initial menu as well.

Notes:

1. This is the first time EVER I was not able to play a game due crash issues, all other games run smooth, so my PC parts are all working properly.
  2. All drives are up to date.
  3. Temperatures are fine.

Configuration:

1. i5 3570k 3.4Ghz (non-overclocked) + WC system
  2. EVGA Gtx 970 SC (non-overclocked)
  3. Asrock Z77 Extreme-4
  4. Corsair TX650
  5. Installed in the secondary hd (WD Green 2 TB)
  6. Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz
  7. Windows 7 64 bit (installed in the primary SSD Samsung 840 120GB)

Check out this Topic, there might be something here that helps. If you’ve looked through it with no solutions, then please let us know and we can tag the appropriate Dev to pitch in and help :slight_smile:

I’ve followed all the steps and the game still freezes. In multiplayer mode I was able to pass the loading screen, but as soon as the ingame dialogues started, it crashed. In practice mode I’m able to start playing, but eventually the game freezes, sometimes before I leave the ship, sometimes a few minutes later. I even tried to lower the graphics but it does not seem to make a diference since ingame there is no signal of FPS drop before it crashes.

Thanks for giving that a try, I’ll tag @ArPharazon to see if he has any input.

All solutions I can think of are on the self help topic, so if none of it helps, then you will need to contact @m3teeh by private message and send her your error.dmp.

1 Like

Yes! Please read how to get the logs and crash dumps here and then drop me a message!

1 Like