Say Something Random 5.5

Community prediction of size comparisons of G:KOTM’s monsters.

A blurb from the in-universe MONARCH group states that Ghidorah is so large that he tears apart the stratosphere and creates full blown hurricanes when he is flying.

Brutal.

How did you arrive at that footage of @Hillbilly_Deathlord?

My phone has a gif search function and directly links them to whatever I’m typing on. This is easily one of my most favorite I have found so far.

I too love to find random glimpses into the life of this most elusive of forumites.

Ofcourse my first freelancing job was easier said than done…
Skulks away
Money is money.

You make that money girl!

Hey halloweenies, if you wanna watch an underrated horror movie this season, check out 1408. I watched it a lot when i was younger and I think it holds up pretty well.

Plus a mini-fridge gets it’s ass whupped. That alone makes it worth it.

1408 is pretty good. It’s on my list this month. Gonna try to watch Misery too. My wife hasn’t been subjected to either yet and that can’t stand.

not crazy about misery myself. I like it, and you NEVER forget that one scene, but it’s not especially high on my list. In fact if I do watch it I save it for winter. I watch most of my scary movies in winter. It’s my preferred time actually. I live in hell, so it doesn’t get cold here very often. Something about it makes it perfect.

I’m trying to convince her to watch Pet Semitary but I can’t get her to do it. She flat out refuses.

watched it when I was 6. Mom thought it was a kid’s movie. Rip

How does your mom even make that mistake? Granted I watched it around the same time iny life but me and my mom would stay up late and marathon Friday the 13th when I was a little kid.

I loved horror and monster films as a child. Never bothered me once.

One of our chickens, a black silkie is being broody since a moment, so we close the door of their coop to prevent her from laying the whole day and be sure that she cares more for her hunger and thirst than her brood.

Today, as I was about to clean their coop, the door of their coop was already closed and the black silkie was doing little hoot-hoots non-stop. So I open the door of the coop to clean it and the silkie was so desperate to lay that she even tried to force her way besides my hand blocking the door.

@IWannaBeATiger Is human flesh too tough to bite through? :stuck_out_tongue:

My Brined Turkey Recipe. @Rapterror (for when you get a chance to see during your service)

Brined Turkey

Shopping list and amounts needed

• 14 lb fresh turkey, one w/o basting ingredients, Butterball is not recommended* ½ gallon cold water* 2 ½ gallons iced water* 2 cups kosher salt* 1 ¼ cups sugar* 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme or fresh rosemary, I prefer rosemary* 3 to 3 ½ cloves garlic, smashed* 10-12 black peppercorns* Celery bunch with leaves* Several small yellow onions* Small package of chicken wings* 32 oz chicken broth* Cornstarch or flour* Chicken bouillon granules* Butter* Optional : 4 grape leafs from a jar. Grape leafs can be found alongside pickles and artichoke hearts in the grocery store.

Steps to brine the turkey

• Remove the giblets and set aside. Remove as much fat as possible from the bird and scrape out all of the sinewy gunk from the cavity of the bird. Rinse well.* Combine the ½ gallon of cold water, salt and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring often. When the salt and sugar have dissolved pour into a large container and add the 2 ½ gallons of iced water and allow to cool. The water cannot be warm, cool in the fridge if necessary.

• Add the smashed garlic cloves, the rosemary twigs, the peppercorns and stir well. Add the bird to the pot and refrigerate overnight for up to 24 hours. Too short of a brining period, such as only 8 hours, will dry out the bird. The brine draws out moisture from the bird in the first 8 hours and after that - the bird begins to

re-absorb the moisture.

Make the turkey stock the night before roasting the bird

• Remove skin and fat from the neck. Wash all giblets and set the liver aside for another use. Also wash 4 chicken wings.* Cover with cold water or chicken broth, at least 4 cups, and bring to a boil. Remove scum as it forms on the surface, then lower the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.* Remove from heat, remove the giblets & wings and wipe off any scum from them. Strain the broth with a strainer that is lined with cheesecloth into a bowl. Wipe out the simmering pot and return the broth and giblets to the pot. Add chicken broth, if needed to make 3 ½ cups.* Add the following: 2 stalks of celery (coarsely chopped), some celery leafs, one small onion (sliced), 1 small clove of garlic (smashed), 6 black peppercorns, ½ Tbsp to 1 Tbsp of chicken bouillon granules (if not using chicken broth) and 1 bay leaf .* Simmer for about 1.5 hours or till the gizzard is tender.* Strain the broth, discard veggies and refrigerate the gizzards and broth separately.* Sauté’ the liver in butter with salt and pepper till tender, then put it in the fridge.

Steps to roast the bird

• Pre-heat the oven to

• If using the grape leafs: Soak the grape leaves in cold water for 10 minutes so to remove the brine. Rinse well and set aside.

• Remove the bird from the brine and rinse well. Dry the bird as best as possible w/o tearing the skin.* Massage the bird with softened butter, Muscat butter or olive oil.

• Lift the breast skin and place some rosemary sprigs that have been dipped in melted butter under the skin.

• If using the grape leafs: Dip them in melted butter or melted Muscat butter and place on top of the breast of the bird.* Place one small onion (sliced) and 2 celery stalks in the cavity of the bird and tie the cavity shut.* If using a roasting bag: follow the directions on the box of the roasting bag.* If using a conventional roasting pan with a V-Rack: Spray the rack and pan with olive oil.

• Place the bird on the rack in the pan. Tuck the wing tips under the body of the bird. If the joints of the wings extend beyond the perimeter of the pan: place tin foil under the joints so that any juice run off will drip it into the pan. * Cover the ends of the drumsticks with tin foil. * If using a conventional meat thermometer: place it in the thickest part of the breast. * Roast according to turkey package timetable. Half way through the roasting time, rotate the pan 180 degrees for more even cooking and baste the bird with pan juices. Watch the bird and if the top of the breast starts to brown too quickly – cover with foil. * If using an instant read thermometer: after 3 hours of roasting time – check the temperature occasionally. Bird is done when 170 degrees is reached or the leg twists freely from the bird.
  • minutes before carving it.* Drain the pan drippings into a gravy separator and get rid of the fat from the juices.* Let the bird rest with a tin foil tent over it in a warm, un-drafty location for 20 – 30 minutes.* Follow gravy making directions from a cookbook or via Diana’s directions.

• Add enough turkey stock to the reserved pan juices to make 3 cups of liquid. Add 2 ½ cups of the liquid to the roasting pan and bring to a boil while scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the browned meat bits then allow to cool some.* Stir the remaining ½ cup of liquid with appropriate amount of flour or cornstarch. Reheat the liquid in the pan and whisk the cornstarch-or-flour mix into the pan. Simmer for at least 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.

• The potatoes should be ready to boil about 1/2 hour before the bird is done roasting.* The broccoli casserole should already be cooked and ready to re-heat while the bird is resting.* The cranberry sauce should have been made in advance.* The whipped cream should be ready before the bird is done roasting.* The rolls should have been made the night before and two sticks of butter should be at room temperature 2 hours before the bird has finished its roasting period.