I’ve decided to expand my artistic horizons and set about until the end of September to do things I normally wouldn’t do with art.
- Keep a sketchbook
- Use watercolors (always hated them)
- Use Brush Pens, Brush Markers, and Aqua Brushes
- Draw from actual life
- Draw landscapes/buildings/etc. that I normally would never do (thought it to be boring)
- Be willing to draw anywhere
- Keep a journal/diary of sorts in “Bullet Journal” style
- Care more about drawing in the moment, not technical accuracy, nothing has to be “good”
I put this to the test over the past couple days and took my sketchbook to the beach, painted with watercolors using the brush pen and aqua brush, paint a landscape before me, as my husband and son played in the lake.
(You can’t really tell since my inking was thick but the yellow sign behind the car has a tractor on it. I find that amusing. Also the dog was a Yorkie somebody brought that was the smallest Yorkie I’ve ever seen - like teacup chihuahua size - and it ran around the beach and dive bombed me once, so CUTE!)