Say Something Random 5.1

Shhhhush. He’s got an A in power and durability.

The theater I am in is playing hip hop versions of classical songs.

They’re doing a cheery hip hop version of Vivaldi’s Spring. It burns my ears like Alien acid blood burns skin. Help.

Also the stats wheel doesn’t really mean much, he could have some insane ability in there that doesn’t show up in the stats.

for example Dragon’s dream. Godawful stats but an absolutely god tier ability.

Hey guys what are your favorite kind of areas in video games?
Talking environments here.
Large forests with tall trees.
Snow areas with lakes of ice.

What are your favorite places to be in a video game? Plus what are settings you want to visit more of?

Where Super Mario Sunshine took place.

Isle Delfino.

Thick coniferous forests, with many rivers and rocky streams.

also idk about other places in games, memory isn’t good enough to remember.

What. The. Fuck?

What does staying mean?

I think it changes depending on the genre of the game.

For futuristic games, I’ve always been fond of a neon skyline for traversal. Streets below it are cool too, but not a whole lot beats flying in the air hundreds of feet above everything else. The games with that as a setting had names that currently escape me (except Mirror’s Edge, I remember that shit), but I always remember it being cool as hell.

For non-Dragon Age/Skyrim fantasy, I enjoy expansive caves with water (while optional, it can enhance the experience) and weird creatures. Glowing plants/bugs may be a cliche-as-hell lighting system, but it’s also cool as hell. Just has a super fun vibe that few games match properly, never fails to be cool or creepy. Sadly few games get it right, but those that do make it so well.

For games like Dragon Age or Skyrim, tall mountain ranges get it for me, so long as they’re traverse-able. Couldn’t tell you why, but it’s always really cool.

Modern shooters do well in forests or urban settings. Much to my dismay, Call of Duty gets those kinds of levels pretty right when they do them. They can feel guided without feeling expressly designed for the player.

Honorable mentions include Hyrule-like fields and Darksiders-like architectural puzzles/mazes.

It’s the same as durability.

Essentially dragons dream csnnot be attacked.

This is awesome but I sometimes wish games would make the darkness something you have to overcome. Like you can explore this cave but there is no light. You need either a magical spell to make light or a torch or something. Sort of like the Grave of Giants in Dark Souls.

I cant remember what game it was but there was some game I kept using a flamethrower as a temp light source as it was pitch black. I had hardly no ammo so I would take a few steps, blast some fire. Take a quick look around before the light went out and kept moving.

Dragon’s Dogma actually does this a lot. It’s too dark to see in a lot of the dungeons, and even night time outside is dark as shit (and that’s fucking dangerous, too. Reason being that you take heavily increased damage while your weapon is sheathed and if you don’t see enemies nearby, you can very easily be 1-shot by even a trash mob). Even though it’s the wrong style of game to take proper advantage of it, I enjoy those levels very much.

A lot more games I think could take advantage of the dark. It doesn’t have to be frustrating.

Having to rely more on the other sense available in the game instead of just your sight could be exhilarating.

The thick jungles from the legacy evolve maps…

It’s painful. It’s also a three hour play.

What about games set in the future but the game takes place on a planet that was inhabited by sentient beings, but now have been reclaimed by nature?