Request: Option to put Fair Weather on all maps

I think the option to put Fair Weather on all maps would benefit the competitive community very well. Having RNG weather can really make the game luck dependent, especially for monsters trying to sneak.

Thoughts?

Fair Weather is a map bonus for maps that are geographically close to Weather Control. It wouldn’t make sense to have that on all maps.

Agree wholeheartedly, Fair weather needs to be an option on every map in the game.

[quote=“Rapterror, post:2, topic:58047, full:true”]
Fair Weather is a map bonus for maps that are geographically close to Weather Control. It wouldn’t make sense to have that on all maps.
[/quote]yea, in the immersion sense of things, however - theres competitive side to this game, and having shitty weather can mess with both sides.

fair weather needs to be an option in customs at least, since having RNG on it, and needing rules that allows for one team to call a restart, because the weather is unfair - is not optimal.

Fair Weather is designed to favor the hunters however. It makes it easier to see the monster. RNG weather is better because anything can happen. The weather can even change during the match.

Besides, weather doesn’t really affect anything if you’re good at tracking. Not saying I’m an uber pro mlg tracker, but I can still find a monster in the rain.

What do you mean? There is clear skies if fair weather is not available, but clear skies is way too hunter favoured.

OH WAIT! I’ve been thinking of clear skies this whole time! Wow, I’m an idiot. Sorry. Lol

no, clear skies is designed to favor the hunters. clear skies removes all predatory wildlife from the map.
fair weather does not.

[quote=“Rapterror, post:4, topic:58047”]
but I can still find a monster in the rain.
[/quote]this is not the point :stuck_out_tongue: it can mess with both teams, making it RNG, wich is why right now - any team has the ability to request a restart due to bad weather.

this isnt something we want in generally, its for custom games only, for when ESL teams play. not for random pubs :slight_smile:

Lol, I had been thinking of Clear Skies this whole time. :joy:

My bad, homey. Yeah, I do think that Fair Weather would be better for all maps for the competitive scene.

@MacMan @GentlemanSquirl @DamJess @citizenphnix @MajorLeeHyper

Since the rule sets on ESL are what they are I really hope this becomes a thing. Fair weather for everyone plz

I would rather have a ‘disable weather’ option than a map perk added to maps it doesn’t make sense for.

Whatever works, as long as there is an option to remove RNG weather in custom games. I think everyone would be happy. :smile:

Personally, I would rather have the ability to choose the weather that is constant the entire time. I.E. Light rain, Heavy rain, Light Snow, Heavy Snow etc… Fog/dust storms as well. I really want super thick fog as a weather :stuck_out_tongue: So that if someone does get abducted they literally disappear into the fog :smiley:

Ehh… Not really, considering that all weather except daylight favor the monster.
Well, unless it rain and you are up against Slim.

More fun watching rainy matches though. They did a lovely job on it. Balance clear is better though I suppose though it does butcher distance vision for the monster as well. Seeing outside smell range is very difficult sometimes particularily is hunters have a bit of care abour being spotted.

Totally agree.

This would be amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I call it, Fog of War :smiley:

Lol cow 10char

I totally agree on the thick fog idea, an abduction would be so sneaky!! Having a Behemoth roll out of nowhere would be crazy.