Recording gameplay: What do you use?

Trying to figure out a way of recording footage/games for review. What do people use that’s easy?

I have Raptr (which is supposed to be able to record using GVR).

What do you use?

I assume for PC only, yes?

I bought action a while ago. It performs great and I haven’t had any problems with it. its was ~$30
EDIT: they have a 30 day free trial that puts a watermark on your video (removes it if you buy it)

I use an Elgato Game Capture HD
I can record/stream from my PC, XB1, PS3, XB360, N64, GameCube, PS2, etc.

EDIT:
Before I got my capture device I either used OBS like @StrikerX3 or used Shadow Play
Shadow Play is for NVIDIA graphic cards only though

Those two are both free, I bought my Elgato for about $100 on Amazon a while back

I use OBS on PC. I can stream and record at the same time.

Elgato HD 60

I use elgato game capture HD

Thank you. I’ll look these up.

Is there any capture card/device that allows me to run my display at its native 144 Hz? Or am I forced to go down to 60 no matter what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxUWEabPOgk

You can try this; I believe you can clone a monitor to get it to work but it takes a couple tries. Should work for NVIDIA and ATI/AMD

Shadowplay on PC. Records perfect audio / video and doesn’t impact performance at all.

@Forestlight Basically if you only want to stream from your PC, then you have a good choice between free programs.

Some more available here: http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast

Or if you plan to also stream from any consoles in the future, look into Elgato capture devices since they’re the best. The Elgato HD60 only works with HDMI so it’s compatible with PC, PS4, XB1 and XB360. The Elgato HD (that I have) is a little older and works with both HDMI and component connections.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Nvidia Shadowplay.

I ended up using GVRBeta… It came with my graphics card, lol.

Now… where do people upload their videos?

So I recorded my first few vidoes!

… and then found out that my friends on mumble spoke over ALL of it ><

so uuh…

what do you guys use to EDIT videos ^^

Shadowplay (for nvid gpu s)

Editing will not allow you to remove you friends’ voices from the video, at least not in a way that won’t destroy or remove the game audio. You’d need a more complex audio setup for that to work.

I do very basic editing with FFmpeg (stuff like splicing videos and joining parts together). I got a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements that came with my laptop for advanced editing.

Most people either stream to a service like Twitch.tv or upload to YouTube or perhaps Vimeo.

ShadowPlay. Has weird issues though.

Thanks. Go figure. I’ll have to be more careful when I record to turn off my mumble chat.

Shadowplay FTW!