Recently reached rank 180 as Goliath. ask me anything and ill give you advice

This thread is for the evolve players that need help and are looking for advice on playing as Goliath. I am not saying my strategies are the best. I currently have only 7 losses so my strategy does work in public games. I enjoy helping others

(Dont turn this advice and tips thread into a “im better than you” contest)

I need more loud out tips and perk choices… its a tough choice between feeding speed and damage resistance

I am rank 179. I am better than you.

Your very mature

I love feeding speed because I can sometimes evolve as soon as the hunters land. I usually do 3 fire breath then 3 charge then 3 rock throw.

Charge seperates them so easily

you’re*

If you honestly just wanna help people I suggest changing the title.

That is… interesting. That’s actually the two skills I tend to not skill / skill last because I think of them as inferior. Funny seeing you having such good results with that build.

EDIT: Charge / Fire Breath I mean.

I usually always do the fire breath first too… its great for finishing off the people who run from you

I dont see anything wrong with his title…

The first half takes away from the point he’s trying to help people. I personally think if you want to help people it doesn’t matter what rank you are but that’s another topic I don’t want to derail so let me just not start anything. My own personal build for Stage 1 is 3 rock with damage bonus. I pick up a 3 fire breath at Stage 2 and then I usually find a weakness in the team like a lone hunter or low health target. If I find one I try to end the game there.

If you ever need to get Stage 3 I usually take Leap Smash.

I see what your saying… but it kinda shows how he got to that rank with those few losses… kind of like a “how to” type of thing…

I guess thats just the way I read it. But yeah good strategy

Sounds like you play randoms most of the time, this build wont work against a top tier team, i advise changing it up a bit.

So we have s1 3 in fire or 3 in rock. How do you kill wildlife with rock constantly on cd? With just melee? How long does it take you to eat enough to evolve? Do you go for s1 kill often? My question is to LosSalvatierras. Is s1 kill strategy effective against premades? Chaos good to see you didn’t give up on helping others despite how your other thread turned out.

It’s worked out pretty well for me actually even against friends and stuff.

And I melee individual wildlife and rock throw groups. I do often go for a stage 1 win or just a strike and my success rate is pretty good. You have to find opportunities though it’s not going to work on a team that’s ready for it. I usually also melee the hunter I rock throw until the next one comes and then I can usually finish them off. I’ve beaten some skilled groups just because I find them at a bad time. In customs were we play with elite wildlife off it still works but with randoms I go for damage buff and usually end it stage 1 unless they run away from me.

@ebon_predator I couldn’t agree more… while this build may be good for pubs, it’s a death wish against any decent hunter squad. There is 0 threat of death, as FB is a duration attack, not meant to kill. Then limiting yourself to melee attacks while waiting for recharge just invites hunters to be in your face.

If I may make a suggestion, and far be it from me to give one, but if you like FB to start, try 2 in that and an aoe like charge to disrupt the hunting team.

However, if you’re looking to advance your game against an organized hunter squad (not even pro level) this build is simply not viable. While I respect chaos trying to help others it should be noted that’s this build will work against mid level pubs and that’s about it. If that helps anyone, awesome… but it will only take you so far. I recommend playing with a pount in Rt, Ls and Fb, then once you’ve mastered the mechanics of each, then start to isolate to one skill each evolve. Just my 2 cents.

I got the gist of how to play monster and Goliath, but I would appreciate the feedback on the build.

Perk:25% Movement Speed

Stage 1: 2 fire 1 leap
Stage 2:3 Rock
Stage 3:Max leap smash and add 1 charge

Note before patch I used to pick traversal but thought movement speed might be better for sneaking for now

This is all subjective, what style of player are you. Also once you see who your up against make your choices.

Personally, I would go 2 RT 1 Charge (to be used as traversal), then max Rt, 2 into Ls, then 1 into ls, charge and FB.

As for the perk, damage increase or cool down.

Use RT with added damage to kill wildlife to stage up quickly, plus you can’t see a RT like you can FB FROM A MILE AWAY.

If you run cool down and find a cool down buff from the OP mammoth bird you should be able to kill most hunter squads in pubs at stage 2 if not stage 1.