Rant Thread

This is for all your rants. Any topic. Just let it all out my friends!

MUSIC STERLING SCHOLAR

Okay, I play the trumpet at my high school. I am a senior. So sterling scholar comes around (basically the best of the best for lots of categories, music, choir, math, science etc.) And only me and this other guy try out (seniors only)

Here are our achievements.

ME
First chair trumpet for all three years in the top symphonic ensemble
First chair trumpet for 2 years of Jazz band
Trumpet section leader for 2 years, even when another senior was in the band and I was a junior.
Participation in all 3 years of marching band, all 3 musical theatre pit orchestra, NUMEROUS extra-curricular symphonies, including the Utah Wind Symphony youth ensemble, very great group.
Elected Band President by my peers AND director
A pretty dang good trumpet player (I think so anyways)

HIM
1 or 2 years of percussion ensemble.
2 years of Jazz.
One extracurricular jazz group
1 year as center snare in marching band
A dang good percussionist, I’ll give him that.

Guess who get’s the freaking scholarship? NOT ME. JUST THE DRUMMER GUY THAT HAS ALMOST NO INVOLVEMENT IN THE BAND PROGRAM.

FFS

I dropped my ice cream cone
#TheStruggle

I’m a drummer. I put my drumsticks on my dashboard. I can now park in handicap spaces. :smiley: I really am a drummer though.

Don’t get me wrong he is really good. He just got accepted to the university of Indiana, but I have probably 3x the experience and involvement… and I pretty much carry the trumpet section T-T

I tried to arm wrestle a Panda bear while simultaneously playing a game of Go Fish with a Mouse. :mouse:

I got another ice cream cone and I f**kin dropped it
HRNGGGG

This thread shall be revived I’M RANTING YAY!