<rant=pre-order bonuses and dlc>

Seeing so many of the various threads/posts around here about pre-orders and pre-order bonuses/incentives and DLC and game value in general I felt a need to make a rant of my own. Take it for what it’s worth. It’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

RE: Game Value
Imho I already feel like I’ve gotten $60 worth of fun out of the 2 alphas and the beta (~60 hrs total)
and I still feel like I have a Lot more time and fun to be had in the game. I’m happy paying the money for a game I know I will be putting a lot of time into and getting a lot of enjoyment from. I seldom buy individual DLC’s at full price so this is a good way for me to get them “on sale” and still get them right when they come out.

That having been said, I don’t think measuring game (or any form of entertainment for that matter) as a straight $/hr is good either. If that’s how you feel then there are tons of jrpgs and f2p games that can suck up a lot of time for not a lot of money…

RE: Pre-Order Bonuses/Incentives
The only problems I can see with it are when various retailers have different bonuses that aren’t available for purchase otherwise or if they’re misleading/dishonest/unclear in what you’re getting. I hate deciding on a retailer based on which bonus I think will be the best (ie: ME3 had various different weapons if you ordered from gamestop/amazon/origin/whatever). Also when a publisher sells a ‘Season Pass’ without explaining what it contains (I’m looking at you Borderlands 2)

On that note, I don’t love the season pass concept as it’s come to be. When it first started popping up in games it sounded like a ‘get all the dlc in one discounted block’ concept, which would be fine, but hasn’t been the case in most instances.

FTR I don’t really love Evolve’s season pass, it seems more like a ‘hunter pack’ or something… doesn’t feel deserving of being called a season pass to me. I feel it would be better to maybe have a ‘monster pack’ that includes all additional monsters and a ‘hunter pack’ that includes all future hunters. (Maybe include skins or have separate skin packs?), then just have the season pass be all of them.

All of that aside I feel Turtle Rock has done an amazing job with the game and I love the community they’ve built here. Having the devs participate in the forums and being as transparent and honest as they have been has been a real treat. Their passion for this game is very obvious and they have all put in an astounding amount of work into it and if it were up to me they’d all be getting raises. :smile:

2k has done a good job getting the word out there and are awesome for allowing TRS the extra time to polish the game and turn it into something special that they can be proud of (A delayed game will eventually be great. A rushed/unfinished game will be bad forever). I’m not a huge fan of some of their sales/marketing techniques, but I’m willing to let it slide this time for them giving TRS the opportunity to bring us Evolve.

Consider my copy of the “PC Monster Race Edition” to be my tip to the devs for all their hard work (and I’m sure It’ll be a game I gift at least once. :stuck_out_tongue: ).

</ rant>

TL;DR I don’t feel like boiling it all down to one sentence sorry. :slight_smile:

No TL;DR? :’(
There is no way i’m reading all of that and even if i do i wouldn’t understand all of it :slight_smile:

You don’t need to read it all, you most likely already read it 100 times.
So bored of these posts.

me too… felt like i’ve replied to the topic too many times and just decided to make my own post. :stuck_out_tongue:

He actually is happy to purchase the Monster Race. Not a complete rant btw.

\highjack MaddCow you gonna be streaming later today? /highjack

\highjack response “Yes, once I get off work, so around 7:30 PM MST” /hijack response

Thank you for the support, friend! :support:

Sorry, but I am not going to be streaming tonight. My wife has been pretty crook all week and I’ve decided I’m going to take care of her again tonight :frowning: Sorry everyone.

I can boil it down to one sentence. Clear throat I wish they change the name of season pass since it is not a season pass as we know it.

I think that sums up the rant, since most of it is praise as being worth the money and enjoying the interaction with devs.

You bastard!

:stuck_out_tongue:

TL, DR: I support the game but the ‘season pass’ should have it’s name changed.

Totally agree! Naming something ‘season pass’ which doesn’t include everything is plain misleading, and probably causes a lot of angry customers (I say probably but what I really mean is ‘it’s happening already’).

Glad you support the game! I too have a few issues with how the DLC issue is being handled but none the less am looking forward to release!

I think that the Hunting Season package or some other variation instead of pass would have been less confusing. It only includes hunters so I think it was supposed to be a joke or something like that.