Ranking, Hows it work?

I’m confused, how does the ranking system work ? i’ve had long games, short games, games were i do little and games where i do alot. I just had a game where it was a 1* silver monster vs 3 bronze elites(1 was me) and 1 bronze destroyer the monster made it to level 2 after kiting the first domes then by the 4th dome we killed it(with an amazing maggie harpoon + hank orbital). After the game i get 1 point ? what is this based on or is it just random ? cause it feels random.

There’s supposed to be a system–but it’s really random from my experience.

i figured as much, Long/short, active games/inactive games, low rank opponents/high rank opponents. there’s no pattern at all.
I figured it would be based on modifiers like 1 * Win/Loss * Class specific activities + hunt time. maybe not that exactly but something along those lines so a win is always positive but only a high positive if it was a good or short game and the reverse for a loss.

Sadly, the glicko scale is not that simple…

Like this:

This doesn’t affect it

This does

In game performance is not considered, only rank and win/lose. It will become more refined the more games you play.

Yeah but as i just said i was a bronze 4 star vs a silver 1 star and a win gives +1 ? but in the same day i have played against bronze 2 star monsters and no rank monsters, won and gained 20-30. Surely beating a no rank would be +1 and a silver be + 20 something ?

It depends on you’re team. And Determing ranks are a grey area since the game doesn’t know if they are good or bad.

Idk, if it is just rank + win/loose i should never get +1 from beating someone 2 ranks higher. which do u meen btw, depends on the team being good or bad in that game or in general because if its the first its the same problem again 4 hunters doing very well and beating a 2 rank higher monster it shouldn’t be +1 and the 2nd should just be based on there current rank which would eventually even out.

In game performance is not measured. If you are Bronze Skilled and You have a Team of Silver Destroyers and you beat a Bronze Destroyer you aren’t going to get many points.

How does it work?

Simple, it doesn’t…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.