Question about poisonous rounds and acidic rounds

pc

I have been playing Abe and Griffin a lot and while using poisonous rounds and acidic rounds as two of the perks on them, I wondered how does this poison DOT(damage over time) debuff stack on consecutive or simultaneous shots.

For example, I shoot 10 shots simultaneously on my target, and i apply level 1 Poisonous Rounds(5 damage / 3 seconds) as my perk. Does this mean over the next 3 seconds my target will suffer 10 x 5 DOT ?

In another circumstance, i shoot 2 consecutive shots with an interval of 1 second, and i apply level 1 Poisonous Rounds(5 damage / 3 seconds) as my perk. Does this mean over the next 4 seconds my target will suffer 2 x 5 DOT damage or instead the second shot refreshes the DOT debuff timer from the first one, ending up doing 5/3 + 5 damge over 4 seconds?

Thank you for your patience for reading and answering my questions.
Hope you everyone enjoys this game!

The DOT is per shot, not per bullet. So every time you shoot and land the shot, the effect is applied.

Hi, thank you for answering.
I understand what you are saying and i edited my post.
Instead of bullets i changed them into shots.
But i am still not sure how the math goes…

So you’re asking if the DOTs stack?

Yes. indeed.

Nope, they don’t. Imagine if Maggie had this perk!

so whats the limit then?
time limit?

Time limit is technically until you stop landing shots. If you don’t land any within 3 secs then it goes away.

ah, i see. so no matter how many shots i pour within 3 seconds, the DOT from these two perks will only apply once?

Yep, only once.

That ends my questions. Thank you very much for the help, i really appreciate it.

No problem!

@ToiletWraith can we get a close please?

Sure thang. Question answered I suppose