Progress Reset/Wipe

Lost all of my profile progress and character mastery. Was playing a match solo and left when a friend invited me to join a game. My screen safety zone reset after I joined my friend and I was not able to adjust it under the settings so I quit evolve and re opened the game. Everything had been wiped upon loading the game. I was taken through gamma and screen safety zone, still did not work, and then taken to the goliath tutorial. After quitting the tutorial and inspecting my profile I found that all I was left with was a level one profile and all of my mastery on my characters wiped.

I will never support or spend any money on a 2k or TRS game again. I cannot believe a product was launched with this glaring issue.

You realize that issues like this can’t be discovered until launch, right? If you submit a ticket to 2K Support, they can apparently restore your progress/will be able to restore your progress.

This is a known bug and has been reported far, far too many times. Kindly refrain from creating a devoted thread to this when we have an official one already.

Good luck with your progress.

[quote=“offscientist, post:1, topic:35969, full:true”]
Lost all of my profile progress and character mastery. Was playing a match solo and left when a friend invited me to join a game.[/quote]

This seems to be the common trigger. People I have played with have also reported that progress was lost when they joined a friend’s game from a different game or app they were in already (including Evolve). I suggest exiting to the desktop and joining everything manually until this is figured out.

I got this game for my birthday on February 11 and unlocked every character and i turned the game on today and all my stuff reset. I was so ticked off, all my hard work gone to waste.

Do you see the contradiction there? Also after a whole week+ Ive been in contact with the support nothing and noone has “restored” my characters. The official answer to us with unplayable games is “we might be able to temporarily restore a few characters but nothing else (progress, achievements, weapon upgrades ech)”. They took a whole week just to ask me “whats my 2k e-mail”.

It’s been four days now and my progress has not been restored and 2k support has completely quit trying to resolve the issue. Just absolute shit produced by 2k and TRS. So much for TRS’ mission statement “Our Promise to You”.

There is no contradiction. Up until launch it was impossible to know of such bugs, and it has become notorious after launch. Don’t draw lines where they don’t exist.

But yes, I’m with you all the way that this should be fixed by now, and that 2K Support is a veritable joke. 2K on the whole is rather incompetent actually.

you realize they don’t give a shit about fixing people’s issue but only to rob you of your money right?

This is their exact canned message they send to every player that has wasted their time with Evolve…

"Hello Ixicookieixi,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this progression reset has caused you. Our development team is working hard to resolve this issue.

In the meantime, as we do not have the ability to manually grant you your progress back (like levels, perks, badges or mastery), we would like to offer to unlock all characters to make up for the inconvenience of your lost progression.

In order to assist you with this resolution, we will need the following information from you:
o Your gamertag
o The email address which you registered your My2K account with.*
o A screenshot of your Xbox One name as it appears on the leaderboard, with the character that is currently locked, but which you had unlocked before.

This can be either:

1. A character unlocked from the Tier 2 or 3 hunter.
    or
  2. Any of the other monsters. (not Goliath)

Once we have received this information we will escalate this ticket for your character unlocks to be processed. Again, please take note that we will not be able to give you back your level, perks, badges or mastery.

If you do not have a My2K account, please create an account and link it with your Evolve account. To create a My2K account, please go to 2k.com and in the top right corner click on “Sign up” Select to sign up with your email and follow the steps through the sign up process. For additional information please click on My2K accounts or How to link them to your Evolve game
Regards,
Louis P.
2K Support"

Robbing people is hardly a good business practice.

Would you prefer a quick update that probably won’t fix all the issues or one that has been tested and refined? Patience is a virtue.

They aren’t doong thus intentionally- I know every sales trick in the book- scummy or otherwise (which is not to say that I employ them)- and deliberately sabotaging your own products is not one. It’s been tried, yes, but it doesn’t work- I’ve seen amateurs try it a lot and not realize how foolish it is. Call 2K what you will, but they aren’t amateurs here. More likely they’re just incompetents. Their marketing, servers and now this.

There’s a forum topic that has communication with senior leadership of 2K TRS and other gamers with the same issues.

Link is here…https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/2-17-1-53pm-co-founder-president-gm-community-manager-of-trs-2k-sr-manager-speaks-on-xbox-one-progress-being-wiped/37447/178