Pressing tab won't bring the map up [PC] (Still occurs on Evolve Stage 2)

Title says it all, when I try to hit tab to bring my map up it will not show- this seems to be a random occurrance, I’ve had it happen to me in 2 games.
It’s generally fine after the match is over a new one begins.

#UPDATE: February 5th 2016, I bring somewhat good news!
I’ve found out that the bug is specific and related to tabbing out.
After a good 8 matches or so of doing the same thing over and over I’ve found out that:

-Alt tabbing during the loading screen that comes after the “starting match” screen, and tabbing back in by clicking the game’s icon window will refuse to let you bring the map up.
-It doesn’t matter which game mode you choose, I had this problem in Arena and Hunt (But not defend because we never played on defend when I tried)
-It doesn’t matter whether you’re monster or hunter, this will happen if you tab out specifically as stated in the first bulletpoint.

The first post I made about this might be redundant now, as I’ve found a pattern.

Did you by chance Alt Tab beforehand?

Not to my knowledge no. I have a tendency to stay tabbed into the game from picking phase to game phase :stuck_out_tongue:

It happened again?

Yep, both times were on hunt

Okay… It’s not just in Hunt. It’s Arena, too.

Hmmm… maybe your tab key is dying? :stuck_out_tongue: Is anyone else experiencing this?

My keyboard is less than a year old >:l I dont hit it that hard >_>

I had that yesterday after an hotswap

Bumping, this still exists in the most recent patch ;~;

#I bring somewhat good news!
I’ve found out that the bug is specific and related to tabbing out.
After a good 8 matches or so of doing the same thing over and over I’ve found out that:

-Alt tabbing during the loading screen that comes after the “starting match” screen, and tabbing back in by clicking the game’s icon window will refuse to let you bring the map up.
-It doesn’t matter which game mode you choose, I had this problem in Arena and Hunt (But not defend because we never played on defend when I tried)
-It doesn’t matter whether you’re monster or hunter, this will happen if you tab out specifically as stated in the first bulletpoint.

I’ll put this in the opening post.
@Insane_521 and @MrStrategio tagging so that you see this. :slight_smile:

######Hey, @10shredder00, I think you might have been right ;_;

UPDATE:
This bug still occurs in Evolve Stage 2. [quote=“ToiletWraith, post:11, topic:78674”]
[/quote]

This still applies as this is how the bug occurs. I know I can “fix” it by not tabbing out in the loading screen… But meh ><
(THIS kind of loading screen)

The bug I get sometimes, when I alt-tab away, is that I hit the Shift key, and the Steam overlay comes up. I believe that’s a bug in the Steam overlay that affects other games too. Dunno if related. We should have QA try to reproduce it.