- Val - Reload Speed or Jump Height. Because RS is great when playing with pubs because you can heal yourself faster in case the people you play with aren’t the best at covering you + RS is just lovely for her primary and tranqs now. Especially when chasing a monster. Jump Height and Jetpack Regen is great for when you have to get away from the monster to get back into position.
- Laz - Because faster everything.
- Caira - Increase Capacity helps me get downed teammates faster adrenaline boost helps when the team could use a little boost in battle.
- Slim - Health Regen means you won’t need to heal yourself if you can avoid the monster enough you can play similar to how Val plays. Keep switching between your items and abilities multi tasking the best you can.
Support : I don’t play a lot of support but I guess I’ve a few favourites.
- Hank - Quick Switch is amazing on Hank. Sure that reload perk can get your shields up faster but remember you still have that badass primary and that orbital barrage can save someone’s life.
- Bucket - Damage Increase or Increase Capacity. DI does wonders for the ticklish turrets while it slightly improves your missile launcher. IC buffs three of my arsenal, Missile Launcher gets two err three… (I forgot the exact number, been a while since I played support) extra missiles and UAV gets superb battery life + it also increases cloak time. Which is great as I can stay cloaked as I spread around turrets in a dome.
- Sunny - Increase Capacity and Reload speed. I usually swap the two around on the rare occasions I get to be Support. IC is amazing with the Jet Booster allowing up to seven dashes with one charge. But it comes with a down side that it takes longer to fully charge. RS works with all her items.
- Maggie - Movement Speed, because I get to find monsters faster because it also buffs Daisy and also cut off a monster better.
- Griffin - Jetpack Recharge. Stay on the monsters tail is the key to success for Griffin. JPR will keep me mobile during a chase and constantly repositioning myself in a dome better to stop the monsters movement.
- Abe - Jetpack Recharge or Quick Switch. JPR helps out a lot once you find the monster and get a tag on them, faster jetpack recharge means you will always be able to keep up with the monster if they use terrain to lose you. Quick Switch is so badass on Abe, I see a lot of people complain that Abe’s shotgun does little damage, but I’ve found the weapon to be very reliable and 5000^ damage isn’t that hard to get if you remember to keep switching your weapons and CC.
- What I like to do with Abe once I’m in the arena is to 1)make sure the monster is tagged 2) spread out some stasis grenades, especially on ledges for my medic and teammates to jet up to 3) do as much damage as possible with one or two clips with the shotty and then repeat phase two again and so on.
- Crow - Movement speed, Crow’s anti juking form of tracking is amazing. Finding the monster fast and staying back once domed will be very important.
- Tip on how to stasis better. the first time you see the monster it is better to half charge the stasis gun than full charge as the half charge travels faster. Once a half charge is hit you may fully charge that stasis gun and get a very consistent CC hit.
Assault : besides the ones listed below Health Regen is one of the best perks I have used. Since the monster for some reason doesn’t give a jack about the assault, HPR does wonders as it keeps your health up and allows your medic to do other medic things while you melt the monsters face.
- Markov - Quick Switch, because all of his arsenal is viable. Why aren’t you people using his Assault Rifle more? That thing shreds Kraken’s face, ya know?
- Hyde - Jump Hyde Increase or Damage Increase and sometimes even JPR. Nothing like melting a -profanity- monster’s -profanity- face with my -profanity- flame thrower
- Parnell - IC and HP-regen are two of my favourites. Reload speed feels like it doesn’t do jack for me but with IC. I get 15 shells with the shotty which will help tenderize any monster.
- Torvald - IC because what’s better than playing an OP hunter? playing a OP hunter who has 50% more fire power with each trigger pull.
- The auto shotguns becomes hilariously unfair for the monster and the Mortar Canon gets extra missiles that help destroy not one or two bars of health but three! Since you are able to lead the mortars after you fire them those extra missiles will hit an even bigger area. EVEN KRAKEN WON’T STAND A CHANGE IF HE’S IN THE AIR MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!