Poll: Which Monsters do you find most and least fun to play against?

This is about your personal preferences for any reason, not necessarily about your views on balance.

Feel free to post your opinions on the matter.

Hoping to get a snapshot of what Monsters the community generally prefers to fight.

Most Fun to Play Against

• Goliath
  • Kraken
  • Wraith
  • Behemoth

0 voters

Least Fun to Play Against

• Goliath
  • Kraken
  • Wraith
  • Behemoth

0 voters

1 Like

In order of most fun to least fun- Bob, Goliath, Kraken, Wraith.

Behemoth and Goliath are close because of how squishy Bob is…It’s not challenging enough without a bad team and with a bad team it’s only frustrating. Kraken is overpowered, but fighting him is fun, I guess, but Wraith is by nature not fun to fight.

7 Likes

I’d rather play against a bunch of Krakens than a bunch of Wraiths since the Wraiths will take the same build over and over.

But I’m still voting Krak because of how often a medic will slightly slip up and go down, then Krak can snowball camp her and probably take the game just off that. One stupid missed LS/AS dodge and it’s game over. Not fun.

1 Like

Behemoth is very fun to play with, it’s my favorite monster! :monster:

Wraith is the least fun to play against, I don’t like when all they do is avoid battles :<

3 Likes

I love a good Bob match and I’ll always have an infinite amount of respect to those willing to play Bob in its current underpowered state. Those are the Monster players I like seeing in Evolve; they care about everyone having fun, not just their own fun or even worse, their leaderboard rank.

Same with Goliath.
Kraken I guess can be seen equally annoying to fight as Wraith, but at least in the Hunt itself Kraken is a straightforward Monster to keep tabs on.
Wraith on the other hand was designed to be an utter killjoy in every possible aspect.
I guess I can sort of see what someone might find amusing in spawning a Decoy while you sneak around the Monsters, but in the end I’d feel ashamed for wasting 20 minutes of the other 4 players’ lives.
It’s a multiplayer game with 5 people at a time playing the same match. Why should only I be having fun?

1 Like

Some games against Behe are fun, but some turn into standoffs around caves/tunnels since he he has such a hard terrain preference.

2 Likes

Wraith. Mainly because apparenlty her traversal makes her invincible to EVERYTHING. I thought it was just mines…but nope…fully invincible. Coupled with her super fast combat regen…so stupid…unbelievable.

1 Like

For me its Goliath, Behemoth, Wraith, Kraken.

I put Goliath at the top because many Hunter tools like Mines and Harpoons seem built around him and are the most fun against him.

Behemoth tends to vary greatly with player skill in my experience, particularly with how they use Tongue Grab and Rock Wall.

Wraith can be an annoying coward, but nothing is less fun to fight for me than Kraken.

His mobility makes him practically immune to the heavy-hitting Assault tools, CC does next to nothing against him, and he can deny revives from the far end of a Dome with ranged attacks.

In my experience playing against Kraken is a game of constantly shooting long-ranged weaponry and hoping he can’t aim Aftershock or Lightning Strike well, both of which can take two dodges to avoid.

If the Kraken knows how to land his abilities and doesn’t mess up, the Hunters are basically screwed.

4 Likes

Agreed on that. I don’t know why he has the most powerful burst attacks, and range, and tankiness due to the distance he fights from. :confused:

4 Likes

He would be much more reasonable if Trappers could realistically ground him and keep him near the ground, imo.

The main problem with him is that he gets to effortlessly avoid all the high-damage tools.

1 Like

Not to mention the long ranged bodycamp. If any other monster wants to guarantee a kill from an incap, they need to leave themselves open to punishment. Kraken? Lolnope.

3 Likes

Oh yes, that to.

Generally Kraken gets to have his cake and eat it in regards to playing aggressive vs playing safe.

1 Like

ha yes! now goliath shall seep into your souls and crap out your hearts!

For me, kraken is an utter nightmare to face. There are usually 2 types of kraken players. Those that are super aggressive with 3 point aftershock(annoying) and those who stay in the air the whole time, have generally bad aim and throw melees the whole time (boring). The latter could take up to 5 minutes just to work down their armor bar and once someone goes down revives are impossible.

1 Like

has TRS considered testing a build where snowballs do not interrupt incap revive? @Insane_521

Wraith is my muse, Goliath is my nemesis :expressionless:

After the patch, I’m going to single-handedly make Behemoth the least fun to play against :imp: . I have yet to figure out if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…

It’s an impossible thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not for long… >XD

Even after the patch he’ll still be bad. :stuck_out_tongue: He’s kinda fundamentally flawed. Unless Tongue Grab gets major buffs, he won’t do well.