• Abe
  • Markov
  • Hyde
  • Parnell
  • Goliath
  • Kraken
  • Wraith
  • None

I wish to survey how people actually view so-called over-powered characters. We see a lot of individual, scattered threads and comments, it would be effortful to take them all and tally them up, so here, you could just vote, and if enough people with subjective opinions about their experiences decide to add their voice to the poll, it might give an objective look at balancing, or not.
Say, if things even out in the results, then maybe it might just give some larger perspective on things and how our isolated individual encounters can create illusions of them being more significant than they really are.

Your lack of a " None " option is a bit unfair, I think.

Oh damn, you´re right!
Should have None option now, is it working?

Yep. The result also seems to be exactly what I anticipated.

3 times ive been taking over a bot wraith, wich I havent unlocked yet. Ive no idea what im doing, and the points have been spent really weird. And yet ive won easily every time. Just as I have lost all but one match against it. It is an extremely easy monster to play.

Most of the “overpowered” talk simply comes from a better player beating the other team. I thought the Monster was really strong for a long time now, and I still do, simply because most PUG groups do not have the level of teamwork needed to win. However, I do admit that this getting better at higher levels. As for the Wraith, most people just don’t enjoy it from the Hunters point of view, and that is a fair complaint.

Very true. I´ll lazily copy a topic I made on Steam which touches on that point:
Unless you have a press release copy or play XBox preorder of Evolve, you need to work and grind to unlock later tier characters. This is trivially known. But think of what that entails: The people who are playing later tier characters have more experience, that´s simply how it works, so maybe, instead of later tier characters being more powerful, the people playing them have simply learned more by the time they unlock them, and handle them with more finesse when they do start playing characters like Lazarus, Abe or Wraith.

However, with that said, I do understand why Wraith has gotten 11 votes so far. I unlocked the Wraith myself only recently, and did feel extra powerful and cunning with teleporting around, sowing chaos and confusion with my location changing so fast and planting decoys and cutting hunters up pretty fast with the supernova.
I think with the Wraith, the synergy of the four abilities combined is what makes the Wraith so good at its job.