Please actually Nerf Sunny

wat?

Anyway @white_hawke8 and @The_Mastermind it would be nice to have more visual feedback like this. I fully 100% agree, and to me this going into QoL changes and polish which would help player retention even :relieved:

Could even have a simple indicator for the monster heavy attack as well, since it’s becoming even more of a factor if the drone health and such is being specifically tweaked for it! As simple as a little goliath fist icon that fades out on a strong attack and recharges could be the first implementation.

Yeah… Not showing melee stamina on the UI just feels like an oversight to me.

1 Like

only because there’s a recharge period and not a pattern

or shield through a wall or heal through a wall with medgun any beam doesn’t work through walls so i don’t know why you’re bringing that up.

About the tumble locking, you can’t avoid tumble lock with shields sure Hank can prevent some of the combo damage but Sunny allows you to avoid the entirety of the tumble if she is on point with her boosts.

So when they say 50% they mean it’s 50% bonus boost it used to be 100% stronger than a normal jet pack boost when she first came out. So it’s at 50% bonus or 150% of a normal boost now and will be nerfed to 40% stronger aka 140% which is a 6.7% nerf.

With RT, TG, possibly fissure but they can just boost into the air to avoid it, abduct, mimic. Thats assuming they don’t wait for you to begin the actual animation before using the boost. Like RT actually leaving their hand but if you’re at point blank that forces them to use 2 boosts to avoid it or 1 boost + their own boosts.

You’re still using 2/3 of your traversals to take out one deployable that can be replaced immediately afterwards.

You must have 0 problems with Hank since he can only save himself with orbital once.

Mmmm I dream of the day that Sunny is no longer the #1 support the day when finally chase comp dies. If all it takes is for sunny to become the new Bucket. I’ll be laughing at all the people who boosted their rank with her when they fall back into whatever rank they actually belong in.

I think you’re solely speaking from a goliath perspective or maybe a goliath + gorgon perspective. Wraith can’t force heavies anymore, neither can kraken. I think they removed auto heavies from his rolling I never really paid much attention to him since he’s pretty weak on PC.

Rock Throw’s level has a lot to do with how dodgeable it is. Trying to jump over Fissure is a waste of fuel, you should always strafe dodge it. Some abilities are easier to dodge than others, I agree with that. I was only saying that some can also easily compensate for boosted hunters.

One traversal charge is 30% of 100%. Not 2/3.

Everything you said here was false. Wraith can still force air heavies. Kraken can still force air heavies (although most players don’t know how). Behemoth’s ability to force heavies is still part of his traversal. I do not understand why you say things like this to me.

1 sunny boost is enough to avoid it.

and outside of point blank you can still dodge it with one boost if you are too close she can boost you out of there and then you can use one boost to avoid it. And the easily compensated abilities require 2 boosts? Still no tumble and as a bonus a free repositioning.

And this is the kind of shit that pisses me off with TRS. They say they want to make things simpler remove hidden things and then you find out nope still plenty of hidden things. Anyways you use 2/3 of the traversals you can immediately activate to destroy one drone. You’re still using 60% of your traversals instead of 66%.

mmmm nope? They removed that because of stun locking.

So uh what was that about wraith forcing heavy attacks?

From the ground without other expenditure? No it is not.

Not following your logic here. Why would using more traversals destroy the drone?

Yes, rock throw is super dodgable. Not arguing that point. I am saying if the monster predicts the dodge and has a high level rock they can still hit.

Absolutely not true. They removed the ability to infinite air heavy when airborne. You can still force air heavies by traversing into the air. If you do not understand the basics of monster melee, I’m not sure why you are debating this point. Your ignorance of this topic seems comprehensive.

You did not understand this patch note. Melee monster stamina now applies in the air. That is true. Heavies can still be forced in the air, meaning you can force air heavies on inanimate objects like the drone. Everything you said in that previous post was absolutely false.

You use 1 traversal to get there 1 traversal to get back or you walk to the drone which would be beyond stupid or you use an ability.

And I’m saying unless they’re point blank the hunter can afford to wait for the rock to be thrown to dodge it and only use one boost to avoid it. If they’re point blank when the monster goes for the rock you use two boosts one to get distance the second to avoid the rock.

can you please read the italicized part since you didn’t read that portion the first time.

can this please be taken into a PM or something? it may pretain to the subject but seems to be pushing the conversation in the wrong direction

4 Likes

Ok… It sounds like we both understand this interaction. Rock can definitely be dodged with booster and it’s fairly easy to do. The Goliath can still hit because of how fast it is, but range is important, etc… Not much else to say here.

I know that you’re probably just doing this to waste my time. When I get chance this afternoon I’ll make videos to prove everything you said here incorrect. Or you could just go in the game, use a traversal to get into the air (or in behemoths case just ball form) and left click.

Barely makes any difference. Even if you do traversal there and hit it with a heavy if it’s off cooldown and then you hit it with one more light melee that’s far too much time and resources to then just see another one pop up. I can see them releasing her like this but now that we can see where the problems lie, to leave the drone virtually unchanged is a very strange choice.

I just played as wraith and traversals do not force a heavy. This may work for goliath or behemoth but it does not work for wraith.

I also played as behemoth and no the traversal did not auto trigger a heavy.

If you want I can even supply a video of me using a heavy then using a traversal and not getting a heavy.

It’s the same for goliath

Traversals are part of the stamina system now. They only force heavies if you have stamina, but they do still force heavies. I’m saying that if you have stamina you can force heavies with traversal. You originally said:

They can still force them, just not without stamina. You do understand that a monster cannot heavy attack a non-living target, correct?

I know it is but I don’t play goliath and I don’t feel like making 3 videos and uploading them to youtube just to prove @white_hawke8 wrong

And you’re wrong but you can keep saying that all you want just like I can say the sky is magenta and tastes like wine.

Yep and i got a video of a heavy attack on a hunter and then a traversal and whoops no heavy melee. Did the same with behemoth but against wildlife.

Make them. We live in the same version of reality. I will do it in ~3 hours when time allows otherwise.

It sounds like you attacked before you had stamina.

I don’t think you understand what forcing a heavy melee is. It’s when you do something to ensure that melee is a heavy like behemoth’s old roll spam or wraiths traversal. If you’re saying wait 3 seconds then you’re not forcing a heavy melee you’re waiting out the timer between heavy melees. You used to be able to force heavy melees as wraith by using a traversal and then meleeing the hunter this does not work any more.

We are talking in a thread about Sunny. Sunny has a drone. This is topic we are discussing, yes? Have you noticed how the drone is not a hunter, but instead an unliving deployable? You cannot heavy attack non-living targets without using traversals. What if you could hit the drone with a heavy though? (Spoiler: that’s what we’ve been talking about the whole time)

YOU CAN! If you use a traversal you can force a heavy attack on a non-living target.

You can heavy melee anything that takes health damage you can’t heavy melee empty air I’ve heavy meleed drone/sentry guns without having to use a traversal.