Picture or Video Request: Kraken Trail?

Hey! I’ve seen it mentioned that when flying, the Kraken leaves done sort of trail behind him. I never noticed any sort if trail before, might somebody have a picture or video showcasing this? I have no idea what to even look for.

I don’t have a picture, but it’s like a blue glowing circle on the ground. I can’t really remember if it leaves a direction though…

It looks a lot like his footprints but rounder and a little smaller. I had seen them a lot mistaking them for prints. They are very similar. If I can find an image, I’ll come back here and post it.

Give me a moment, I’ll look through my footage. Ok, I have 2 videos where the opponent is a Kraken and you can see them. I’ve been uploading all my gameplay videos and these happen to be in the current batch. I think I’m at 100 videos after this lot. Give it about 5-10 minutes and it should be up.

I got some footage here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojKdtbwLRtc&list=PLsVWvwjen35XTyDJZAk7F7W18yduJyfsJ&feature=player_detailpage#t=453
A few seconds after I evolve to stage 2 I ‘sniff’ as the Kraken and you see the glowing dots on the ground, that’s where I flew in. I’m sure @MaddCow will have clearer footage momentarily though :smile:

THAT’S what those orbs were! Damn, does he drop those regardless of his altitude?

Good question… I don’t spot the orbs earlier in that video of mine, but I didn’t ‘sniff’ whilst I was fighting the hunters (I know I should have, haha). Perhaps they only show when you sniff (like footprints). I’ll see if I have any more footage to check it out on, and hopefully @MaddCow’s will give us a bit more of an idea.

Yup. They are like circular glowing footprints. Almost done processing the video. They also happen to be 25 minute matches which doesn’t help :stuck_out_tongue:

Damnit, how on earth did the hunters not catch me in my Kraken games? xD I guess flying speed and banshee mine deterrences really help

A lot of players don’t even realize you can shoot the mines so…

These literally just got uploaded and passed through the first processing stage on Youtube. As such, they aren’t HD yet. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkTqgimMz84&feature=youtu.be You can see the gliding footprints from 3:58 - 4:32. Hope that helps. Give it another 15-20 minutes and they should convert over to HD.

Different question: Does anyone know if the Goliath leaves behind tracks when he leaps AWAY? (not when he lands) Say for instance, you are sneaking and you want to leap towards the water, to create some distance and still not leave any tracks behind.

He leaves prints ONLY where he lands. It also seems that you can sometimes negate even those if you stop moving the moment you leap, wait for him to land, and then immediately crouch/sneak. Also, there are never any tracks (Hidden or not) with regards to water. That is why going water against Maggie is really strong.

Good to know, thanks.

Thanks for all of the responses! I’ll be able to check the videos shortly.

Also; I do believe that the Goliath’a leap leaves footprints at the point of leaping away, just like Kraken leaves them at the point of takeoff when he starts to fly.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears I’m mistaken about the Goliath. I’m pretty sure Kraken leaves takeoff prints though.

I exploited this once.

I led them on a false trail and then ducked into the river and hid behind a waterfall.

I really like how which trapper that had heavily influenced how I snuck around.

Once you reach a certain height, then you don’t leave scorch marks behind. This was menioned way back by a dev, so I’m not sure who specifically told me

With Griffin (and Abe probably) you just run away. Maggie requires more precision.

Thought so. I would have noticed them way more often than I did otherwise. Well, it might be a good idea to stand still as Kraken before taking off more often :smiley: thanks for mentioning it.