Hey everyone, I have a weird set of questions for other PC users out there.
I haven’t really been into PC gaming since the early Windows XP days. Because of this, I have an appeal for owning a physical disc for the games I buy. I’ve downloaded a few through steam, and I like it thus far, but like a caveman defrosting from an iceberg, I have tons of questions on how things work in the modern PC gaming scene.
With the new digital editions of evolve announced, I have to ask:
- If I get the disc for evolve, is it just to download it, or will I need the disc in the drive to play?
- Will this effect whether I have to log in to steam to access the executable file? Even if I am offline?
- Is all the DLC steam based regardless of format, or is it downloaded from elsewhere?
- If I get it digitally, can I save it to a disc if I want?
- I guess my ultimate question is, are there any drawbacks to going Digital over Physical?
It doesn’t necessarily have to apply to Evolve, but any modern game in general. How does it work nowadays?