Pet based assault or support

I wouldn’t mind an assault or support class with a pet that actually attacks the monster. It doesn’t have to be a ton of damage, but it could be enough to supplement the other weapons the Hunter has.

I can see a support with a pet, since support is supposed to assist all roles. Not sure I see an assault with one right now.

I’ve always preferred a pet class in many games I’ve played. So it was just a thought.

2 currently as trappers. I wouldn’t mind seeing a support with one.

Yea, but those are tracker animals. I was looking for one to attack.

How about like the insect one from MH4 ?

There is an insect staff which you can use to command the insect to attack the monster in specific regions of its body, giving you a buff :wink:

Animations for climbing/running/waiting/following/engaging/attacking/falling/etc would take awhile. Currently most animals don’t have an attack animation, mostly just a leap animation. Like Venom Hounds/Blitz Leopards.

Or even if you had a hunter that could tame wildlife. Like a mammoth bird, reaver, blitz leopard. Might be interesting as well.

Somebody has suggested something of that sort, impossible to-do for various reasons, one of them being wildlife are unable to climb.

Actually @Shin, they do.

Some kind of creature that follows the team around with a bubble shield? >:P

A trapper with a crossbow or compact bow that poisons the monster might be a good idea too. It could be a combo of his slow ability with his attack. Or something to that effect.

We have a Support with a pet, her name is sunny.
JP-RT FTW!!!

And Slim, with Jbuzzy.

Slim isn’t neither assault or support :frowning:

We know. ^.^
We’re teasing, no worries.

That seems like something mac man would say after doing a april 1st joke about tier 5

A support with a flying squid like creature that has a turret on its back. The turret is connected to its brain and a wire is in its mouth. Whenever the squid sees the monster it bites down and shoots.
The support could have a weapon like hanks, but it shoots a ray like Val’s medgun.

http://g.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2014/11/3039097-inline-i-2-jurassic-world.jpg

I would play this pet class assault ^^ But I think monster would complain because the motorcycle speed even thought it lacks jump is OP.

It is not jbuzzy it is SENZUBEE

I would like to see an assault that diverges as much from the traditional class as slim/laz do medic. A pet would be fun on an assault.

Maybe give one of the 4 abilities to the pet as well so protecting it is a priority. So a main weapon, a shield, pet, pet ability (Maybe some way to transfer the personal shield to the pet). The pet could be tamed wildlife, like a blitzleopard or a mini armadon/sloth.

The cliff issue could be solved by making the pet fly/hover.