Personal issues with ranking system

I ended up as gold destroyer on PS4 after my placement and lost one game to someone who was determining rank and lost 140 pts. Now this would be alright if I gained more than 1 point every match I win. The next day I went against a silver destroyer and lost 200 pts. And today I went against someone who was a gold master where I got deranked to silver destroyer and lost 60 pts. Which is an entire rank in the silver league.
This wouldn’t bug me if I didn’t only get 1 pt a game when I was gold and 30 as a silver. ON TOP OF THAT the last game I played the people who I was lobbied with lost only 20-30 pts. While I lost 60.
Is there a reason as to why the point I have been losing are so high compared to gain or is it just broken because it is new?

2 Likes

Be glad you placed Gold because I started silver expert and still working my way up 1 point at a time.

2 Likes

Win a match, get 1 point. Lose a match, lose 250 points.

2 Likes

If they wanted it to be balanced why would they make you loose points so fast, so if your in the gold becuase your good and happen to loose and get stuck back to silver and then you can only get back up very slowly and make it unbalanced for the people you are destroying below your skill level, now if your not destroying them then maybe you should be there, just my 2 cents

Suavio!? Is that really you?

I have no idea what the heck your talking about

The only Gold destroyer in PS4.

Ok, I understand now thanks

1 Like

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if the ranking based itself solely on my performance my issue is that it is based upon my teams at the time. For example I play a lot of hank and I did about 5-6 thousand damage with the orbital, blocked about 4k with my shield, and did about 4k with the laser cutter. But because my assault and medic weren’t doing their jobs I we lost. And I got deranked down to silver. I played well, my teammates didn’t and I got heavily punished for it. Doesn’t make sense in my opinion

1 Like

Basically it means they placed you higher than they should have, and were bringing you down to the correct level. That’s how the ELO system works.

1 Like

This is why this system is not working.

One man cant save the match with bad team mates. If you got unlucky placement matches you will stuck in low division forever.

And I have a feeling the better you play with shit team mates - the more game will derank you.

Lol I actually know Suavio and almost every person on both Gold leaderboards.

You get more points fighting people of a higher rank and lose more when fighting people of a lower rank.

In your case you were the highest possible rank so losing to the lowest possible rank will obviously rip you off your throne. This is why the gold ranks are hardest to achieve, a single loss can send you spiraling downwards.

@Optimize knows all about this on XB lol

So do I :confused:

1 Like

1 Like

I actually can’t play the game, lucky you.

So from what I have experienced the system is trying to figure just exactly where you need to be placed because you don’t have that many games played. As you play more games your point loss will not be so heavy. You only gain 1 point because your a Gold Destroyer and already the top rank so you can’t go against people that are higher ranked then you. By beating people that are higher ranked you is how you will get alot of points.

But as I said the more games that you play the less the points will be gained and lost. I am Gold Destroyer on Xbox with about 100 wins and 14 losses. I lost to a silver the other day and lost about 30 points where as when I first was playing and only had about 15 wins I lost my first game and dropped 800 pts!

So the more games you play the more it will stabilize don’t worry you won’t constantly be losing all of those points that you gain.

2 Likes