Perk display

Please change the perk display to be something more informative. I have no idea what the shape of some creature means in the top right. If I had some text or meaningful image it would be so much better. Sometimes I’m in a rush and I’m not able to see what perk was just obtained and then have to ask others.

Edit: I think it’d be more beneficial to have a standard icon for each perk, something other than the monster you got it from. Like a little explosion for damage perk, or a shield for armor, or feet for speed, etc.

Monster perks or Hunter?

Either of them. I just don’t feel that a creature image is very descriptive. Especially for new players.

Do u think it should be like ‘‘elite tyrant perk health regeneration’’ with the symbol or what?

Don’t worry too much about it. Occasionally you may not see what perk you get, but after a few games you memorize the perk based off of the monster you got it from, and you can be choosey about what you have or take

It says what the perk is when you grab it, no need of having the name + info on your HUD.

I don’t find it necessary to have the info of the perk constantly on your HUD. I like how it appears on your screen for a couple of seconds and then just leaves it as the image of the monster you got the perk from.

@Rctboy95 Why have an image at all then? Why not just a timer like the dropship?

I understand that after a while you’ll get used to it and hopefully have them memorized but it would be nice to have it say something meaningful instead of a creature shape.

Edit: I think it’d be more beneficial to have a standard icon for each perk, something other than the monster you got it from. Like a little explosion for damage perk, or a shield for armor, or feet for speed, etc.

Well idk, i like how it is now. I’ll have to learn all of it myself but they are not going to change it( i think :stuck_out_tongue: )

It’s still alpha, there’s plenty of time to change it :wink:

I agree with the OP. I’m honestly surprised people want a black silhouette of a monster which SAYS NOTHING on the perk. For new players or people busy doing things while in a fight there’s going to be chances you’ll miss what the perk gave you.

Health regen = red cross
Faster reload = magazine
Increased clip size = bandolier

Etc.

Honestly, whats an icon of an animal going to tell me what perk I just got if I missed it in the first place?

Agreed. It’s on the to-do list.

Nice that it is getting worked on :stuck_out_tongue: i already like it.

Awesome, thanks for the reply @MacMan!

I personally kinda liked that it was a wildlife symbol. Since each creature has it’s own associated perk, it adds to the atmosphere. Plus, it gives an announcement to the hunters as to which perk it earned. While better readability would be good, I like the current aesthetic a lot.

Amazing! I’m loving the Developers! :heart:

Being a forgetful old man, I would like to have something more descriptive as well. I’m not really concerned about what monster I got the perk from, rather I’d like to know what perk I have.

Yeah, that’s what they’re changing! :smile:

Glad to see a topic about this, I was gonna open one myself. An icon of the creature tells me nothing of the perk I got, there’s no way I’m gonna remember which creature gives what perk, nor will I be able to tell the difference between the icons when it’s so small on the screen.
The best thing is to make an icon that corresponds to the perk, like an armor icon for armor regen. Like any other game.
Good to know they’re working on it.

It’s been awhile since this subject got touched on. Whats the status since September @MacMan