Penalty for Quitting Game (Prior to Character Selection)

So… I understand the need to punish players for quitting in the middle of a match (as it happened to my fellow hunters and I several times already) but I got docked somewhere around 150 points and received a loss when I left a game because it was stuck on a loading screen (or so it seemed, obviously didn’t stick around long enough to see if it would ever push through). We hadn’t even selected our hunters yet, at which point receiving a penalty would still make sense to me because some people might quit if they had selected a team of hunters who wouldn’t fare well against a particular monster, but 150 points and a loss before anything even happened, that seems excessive…

Happened again tonight, got stuck on a “waiting for player to load” screen. The monster eventually left but even then it threatened me with a loss and I didn’t want to find out how many points it was going to deduct me this time. Eventually, a hunter player left and my party was finally sent back to hunt screen.

Since I don’t know if this is a common occurrence on all systems, I’ll specify that this occurred on PS4. Really hope this gets fixed…

Game crashed on character selection screen, loss and 30 points. So close to ranking up…demoralizing…

After playing about 100games you won’t lose as many as 30 points in one go anymore. You’ll lose like 5-10. It gets better, my friend. There IS a light.