PC building advise and instructions thread

Tell that to Parnell not me. He’s the reason behind:

The pepsi one is the best.

Another convert I see. Welcome

Whut whut whut whut? The insides of that looks ridiculously complex.

What exactly?

I jut mean it looks complex. Maybe it’s just my head.

Your pc is op… plz nerf! Gh0d i still cant makeout what half of that is…

If it looks like ass then if we ever get robbed it will might get overlooked and get to live another day. The main reason of course is I just don’t care about how it looks.

Smart man… :smiley:

Know what would be great for that build? Shove a cat in the mix and see how long it survives.

Cat would actually love the heat grizzle so it would extend his life and also increase the value of the computer by 10 billion pounds

Nahhhhh sure it would be fine. Got a few exposed parts it can nibble at and I’m sure it would be swell.

Finally ran a benchmark on my new hotness.

not really sure what the score means, but i’m a fan of the “better than 68%” lol

So I’ve decided to upgrade my current PC rather than build a new one from scratch (budget sucks)

So I was wondering, for someone with only 300-400 dollars to spend, what parts should I focus on? Should I go Ryzen or Intel with my CPU? What are my GPU options for 1080p gaming? What are my options for good RAM?

I’m kinda clueless in this regard, so any advice would be appreciated.

What are your current spec’s? My initial thought is a new GPU.

Funny story, I actually have no idea :roll_eyes:

It’s an old computer my father gave me for college, and I was thinking of taking it apart later this week to find out what all the parts are. I do know that there is no GPU but the CPU is a A4-3420 with a built in video card.

So ya…maybe after I take it apart then I’ll post again for advice :joy:

Easy Peasy

My initial suggestion is a GPU still, but lets see…

Out of this long list of things which ones would be important to post here?

I’d just paste all of it. But cpu and gpu (if any) are most important.

I’m so sorry Mountain, but I changed my mind again :joy:

I’ve come up with two builds now, if you could give me your feedback on both (and anyone else can too, I’d appreciate the feedback) I’d love it!

Build 1

• AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • MSI B350M Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Toshiba 1TB 7200 Internal Hard Drive
  • Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming Video Card
    I don’t know if I’d need a fan or cooling system with this build, if so I could add that.

Build 2

• AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • ASRock AB350 ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Ribjaws V series 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • Western Digital 1TB 7200 Internal Hard Drive
  • GTX 1050 2GB Video Card
  • EVGA ATX Power Supply

With this one I was planning on using the case I already own, and if that doesn’t work I’d just buy another.

Are these builds fine? Or am I cutting too many corners?

Do you have more exact specs on some of these items? Model numbers maybe?

There are a lot of GPU’s that fall under the Radeon RX 580. Also in Build 1 you don’t have any RAM listed and there is no PSU listed for either. So if you plan to use your current one I’ll need to know what model that one is.

Also, case specs would help too.

Aaaaand lastly, do you have a budget?