[Patch 5.1] Hotfix Discussion [Live on all platforms]

YAAAAYYYYYY NOW I CANS PLAYS DA WRATH WITHOUT THAT ANNOYING AF BUG!!!

I so happy :smile:
also, why no stack sentries? A tower of sentries would be awesome.

Thanks! I didn’t understand the thing about quick play, it wasn’t working well before? For Solo, right?

You can then remove the sentries below the stack, and leave only a sentry that can’t be destroyed as easily by things like melee attacks. Objects aren’t meant to be stackable to keep things fair :smile:

I believe that it’s @MacMan’s previous suggestion about adding a quick play to multiplayer, so it’ll just quickly cycle you in to hunt, arena and defend mode maps. Not ranked, but online play. I can’t confirm exactly since I haven’t been able to start the game up yet as I’m working :frowning:

1 Like

Skirmish mode is once again a selectable multiplayer option, it now functions as a Quick Play multiplayer mode, with randomly selected map and mode for non-skill based match making. The Game modes in this option are Hunt, Arena, and Defend.

Nest and Rescue are Not included in Multiplayer Quick play

8 Likes

ah, taht makes sense, like the sunny drone stack that used to exist.

(kraken deserves it though) :stuck_out_tongue:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

…oooooooooo… oh. That’s nice!

2 Likes

So is this currently live on all platforms or just PC? I saw Jess said PC it was live but console it was still “scheduled”

Question: can you still give sentries hats? Namely mines.

As the title says, based on the post linked to, all platforms now live :smile:

I certainly hope so, they made for excellent parkour as well.

1 Like

What are the higher level play reasons for implementing this? Kraken is too good at body camping with his ‘fire and forget’ mines and the rest of his arsenal. Its hard enough as it is right now imo. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

why is defend in skirmish

That’s been fixed haha at least I think

Sweeeeeet :grin:

The only thing that Im really excited for with this is this new quickplay. I have been wanting to play hunt without it being so competitive. Adding Defend in is really nice too, I love Defend and only get to play it in solo.

2 Likes

Because people enjoy defend, and they’ve asked in the forum and elsewhere for a way to play defend outside of Evac. I think TRS were flirting with the idea of including Rescue and Nest too but either didn’t feel they were balanced enough, or that there wasn’t enough interest for them.

1 Like

what rly? i never saw someone before “yaaaay defend” …^^

1 Like

The hotfix notes says matchmaking will now be based off glicko. That wasn’t sopoused to be from the beginning of hunt 2.0?

Woow, that’s major news, the game is more varied that way! Great addition!

I also suspect that this patch brings the code for the Meteor Goliath, to be unlocked later with a smaller patch? Or maybe it enables it altogether. So excited!

Meteor Goliath is unlocked tomorrow as per the original news announcement :stuck_out_tongue: