Opinions on a new GPU

I’m getting ready to purchase a newer GPU so basically my PC specs are Ryzen 5 2600 and 16 gb 3200 MHz ram. In looking at a Radeon Vega 64 and a gigabyte gtx 1070 ti. My screen I use use for playing on isn’t nothing fancy it a 32’ Asus monitor 75 hz refresh rate 1080p. Which graphics card would you guys prefer?

What do you have now and why are you updating?

Gtx 1060 6 gb I’m putting it in another PC to give to a good friend as a gift so that is the reason for the upgrade.

Ahh ok, to be honest I haven’t been keeping up with the latest tech advancements. Have you checked out PCMR on Reddit? They have a series of builds they keep updated depending on your budget.

Neh I try to stay away from Reddit so there are the 2 cards both are from people I’ve bought PC parts from before and are trust worthy. Both cards are being sold for $315.

Radeon Vega 64 limited edition

Gigabyte Aorus gtx 1070 ti

Honestly my advice is to find benchmark videos of each of those cards paired with your CPU running a number of games and base your judgment off that.

Well in 20 games tested the Vega out preforms the gtx 1070 ti in more than half of them also out preformed the gtx 1080 and rtx 2070 in the same half and stayed pretty close in the other games that all 3 out preformed it in. At the end of the it was basically a mixture. But if it can out preform a gtx 1080 or a rtx 2070 I’d say it would be the better buy.