Nintendo Switch (NX) Discussion Thread

lik-sang will rise again.

I would say to wait for a good bundle. Who knows? Maybe they’ll do something like a system+game+1 year free subscription for 300-350$?

well once nintendo is done letting the rats of ebay pick off and create a stronger demand, i bet we will all be able to get one when we want it.

^ You’re not wrong.

The problem with waiting is we all know Nintendo’s supply and demand games/issues. I don’t know if we can wait and hope to get one in a decent time frame. It took me a long time to get my hands on a Wii back when it first came out. I think I couldn’t grab one for at least 8 months after official launch.

You can always pre-order, buy it and see if you like it. If you don’t, I’m sure someone will be able to buy it over from you rather fast as well. Although, considering how much you like Splatoon, I don’t think that will be the case.

I came from GBC - GBA & PS2 - PSP - NDS - 3DS - and now PC. My 3DS stays as it is, because that thing has so many amazing games and is actually the only thing Nintendo has working well (talking in terms of sales).

The DS has always printed money. The classic Wii did too.

day one titles thus far are
->1-2-Switch
Nintendo
Retail
->Just Dance 2017
Ubisoft
Retail
->The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nintendo
Retail
->Skylanders: Imaginators
Activision
Retail
->Super Bomberman R
Konami
TBD

JAPAN LAUNCH TITLES ??

Skylanders: Imaginators…they must mean the next iteration of Skylanders? Already? Imaginators was launched Sept. 2016.

Nah, they just mean it’ll be launched with the console; It won’t be a new version, hence why Minecraft is there.

is it me, or does RIME remind you of Primal Rage? (logo)

I bought a PS3 in December 2013 alongside my first HD TV. Best price I ever paid for a game console and big ass TV.

I know all about playing the long game… :sunglasses:

YOU’RE NOT WRONG.

sorrycaps

love the color scheme

One interesting theory going around on the Tablet and Mobile Device news sites is that the Switch at 299.99 USD badly undercuts the Apple iPad Mini, marketed as a “mobile gaming device”, whose entry model costs 329 USD with versions that go above 500 USD.

One Apple news site even stated that the Switch is “a highly affordable mobile gaming device”.
It does make you wonder if the whole point of Super Mario Run was to have Mario “infiltrate” the Apple user base. hehehe.

It’s also interesting to note that on mobile device sites, these journos are completely blown away by games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, opining that while games like Sonic Mania and Super Bomberman R were somewhat similar to games that could be found on Apple App Store games like the new Zelda were “breathtaking” and simply out of the reach of Apple devices.

So you have to wonder if we have some Apple iPad defectors in those Switch pre-orders.

Basically I feel like the “Console POV” is “The Switch is an underpowered TV games console and costs way more than the PS4 and XBox One!”

But the perspective on the mobile device scape, particularly from the Apple “crowd” is one of amazement. They are amazed that the Switch runs games “light years ahead” of anything on an Apple device and “costs so little in comparison to Apple’s products”.

Can you imagine if they made a 200 - 250 USD “mobile bundle” that removed that 90 USD dock?!?

Yes, I can also actually owning 4 of these units. x.X fml

ARMS is going to be FUN

it has a power stone kinda vibe to it

Here’s some of the gems from Toucharcade (a site dedicated to mobile gaming and iOS games):

[QUOTE]
My first impression of the Nintendo Switch was during the demo for the phenomenal The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and holding the device for the first time in its ‘handheld’ orientation was genuinely shocking.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
With a 6.2 inch screen size, it’s closest to that of the dimensions of the 5.5 inch iPhone 7 Plus. In comparison, an iPad Mini is 7.9 inches diagonally, and a fully sized iPad over 50% bigger at a whopping 9.7 inches. The later confirmation of the Switch having a capacitive touch screen confirms what many have hypothesised but Nintendo would perhaps not want to explicitly admit - the Nintendo Switch is, on the games side of the spectrum, competing directly with the iPhone, iPad, and the vast array of Android tablets and phablets on the market.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
In essence, the JoyCons are the perfect MFi controllers that Apple and other third party accessory creators have so far failed to create - they are portable, versatile, and allow as much control on the handheld configuration as they do when they are in the more traditional grip controller formation.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
While Breath of the Wild on the big screen with the Switch Pro Controller was an ultimately better experience, transitioning to the handheld device was seamless, and at no point did the JoyCon setup affect my ability to control Link, even in the more heated moments of battle. This is entirely down to the strength of the JoyCons - I couldn’t help imagine what the App Store would be like if the iPhone or iPad was bundled with such controllers.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was, as the name suggests, truly breathtaking. Venturing out of the cave and seeing the expansive and fully explorable world was beyond words, and somehow a lot more powerful than similar perspectives from the trailer convey. I’ve played an endless amount of open world games over the years, but the small portion of Breath of the Wild I was able to play was fresh and fascinating, and I simply cannot wait to dive into the full version with no boundaries on how long I can explore, and where I can venture. This is a sixty dollar game, and beyond anything in ambition and scope that I have seen on the App Store this far.
[/QUOTE]

It’s really interesting. I mean, the mobile people really appreciate the “leap to Switch” from their end, while console gamers probably don’t see it that way.

[QUOTE]
Don’t get me wrong, we have been a lot of ambitious titles on the iPhone, from Aralon: Forge and Flame [$4.99] to Crashlands [$4.99], but I can’t help but wonder what would happen if Apple truly embraced the gaming potential of the iPhone and iPad, created an attachable controller and a docking system equivalent to that of the Switch’s, and truly opened up the platform to sixty dollar games.
[/QUOTE]

Console gamers complained about “60 dollar games” and here’s an iOS gaming site saying “This is what 60 dollar games should look like!”. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.: Also note the unanimous “happy glow” all over the comments section of the Toucharcade article. In the world of the Apple device owner it’s OK to pre-order two units of this 299.99 device! It’s a different planet to the one we’re on. :stuck_out_tongue: