New "Telemetry and Game Balance"

so hows the balance in high silver and gold ? @MacMan

Should we be keeping our ears open for a PAX prime announcement, just wondering?

You guys have been cranking out some amazing content lately, keep up the great work TRS!!!

They will not be at Pax. Mentioned on the stream yesterday.

Noooooooo!!!

Thanks, man

Yeah technically you are right. The knockback nerfs were done for hunter fun factor. They didnt want them to be juggled.

Here is a good vote 4 the community

1 Like

Need good Hunter teams to challenge the high level monsters. Right now Monsters are lonely at the top.

We need to focus on grouping good Hunters together and helping people find good teammates. We know they are out there!!!

6 Likes

Hey I was wondering if we could get some info on the kinds of AVG numbers jack is putting up right now and his WLR

If this hasn’t been posted anywhere else

Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

He’s currently the #1 Trapper damage dealer in Hunt mode.
He’s currently the #3 Trapper damage dealer in Arena mode (which is super interesting) behind Crow #1, and Abe #2.

He has the best trapper win ratio in Hunt (42%, +1 point over Abe).
He has the best trapper win ratio in Arena (52%, +1 point over Maggie).

All in all, looking pretty good. We have some minor adjustments we want to make that’ll help balance the Repulsor for each monster individually and will make it easier for him to bring Kraken down with it.

7 Likes

Thank god you’re removing at least some of the boot from up goliath’s rear. Poor guy needs it.

I’m so glad you are going to tune the repulsor to affect each monster differently, or have each monster consume the Repulsor’s ammo differently.

So glad! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

YEEESSS! I’m so happy to hear this. hunter’s effectiveness drastically varies between monsters. Jack is too much for Goliath, where maybe he isn’t as effective against Kraken.

1 Like

Well, not to berate, but my team and I were all a Golden Team, we even went against of a couple of the TRS guys, one nite, we start up a match, i get the uber awesome DXGI crash, team loses, we get flung immidietly into Silver Skilled.

:confused:

I take it the hunt win ratios are messed up by the good monsters who have no similarly skilled players to fight against and end up stomping the lower levels?

1 Like

Yup. Since we allow players to specifically choose sides now, we have a team imbalance. In the old system some of those good monster players would have been forced to play Hunter and some of those mediocre Hunter players would have been forced to be Monster. Now we have two distinct player pools fighting against each other and they are completely asymmetrical.

Additionally, we need to do a better job of sorting the Hunters. We didn’t take into account player experience when grouping Hunters into the placement matches. So you could very well have a 500 hour player teamed up with a day 1 player which isn’t going to go well for the Hunters. It’s a bit messy. A lot of stuff going on with the matchmaking that is or isn’t affecting balance which is one of the reasons I have been reluctant to share a lot of data so far. I didn’t want people to start making assumptions about character balance based on numbers that may or may not be matchmaking related.

We are getting stuff figured out and have been making improvements on a daily basis, most of which happen behind the scenes on the server side.

9 Likes

It would be nice to see if this kind of thing can be included in the matchmaking where possible, for the sake of both parties. It can’t be guaranteed all the time with current player numbers but when possible would be great. :smile:

I can see that it’s a difficult thing to appease the masses craving information without shooting yourselves in the foot or backing yourselves into a corner. Very much appreciate the insights you can give when you are able to, like this. Thanks @MacMan.

1 Like

What is the difference between arena and hunt overall. I am guessing arena is holding fairly steady at around 50% as it was before, due to it not being heavily affected by the matchmaking change.

How drastic is the hunt w/l ratio, 60/40, 70/30?
The big problem is the matchmaking, uh, complication?, which just caused an issue of putting the hunters rank in the hands of the lowest player,
I know it is only semi relevant, it would be interesting to know where it lies now, to compare for the future.

This is something I’ve been curious about since day 0. My gut feeling is that no matter how good the individual hunters are at their roles, throwing 4 randoms together (especially if they’re not using voice) will never be quite as good as a team that knows both the game and each other, and I’ve had no idea whether that’s true or how it will end up affecting balance if it is.

Will be interesting to watch play out, if nothing else.

Bring the Kraken down!
Can we make Jack say “down boy, down i say” in his typical Jack like way, when he does that? :heart_eyes:

@MacMan can we get a chart compare the damage of markov and torvald pre and post patch please? :smile: