New sfm models! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

My reaction:

FINALLY
I have been waiting for AGES to see those models ported!
12 Likes

It’s a good day for the fan base.

8 Likes

WAIT WHAT??? Can you download the models??

4 Likes

Yes, from the Steam workshop for Source FilmMaker! It’s very recent, the Gorgon, the Behemoth, Jack and E.M.E.T have been added this month.

2 Likes

I MUST CONTACT THIS MAN.
Woman?
Person.
UPLOAD HYDE.

7 Likes

So, you want to have a private conversation with him? Should I post his Steam profile on the forum for you? Just asking.

Can you do it for me B)?

Of course!

Are you able to take out the OBJ? Just want to see the typology and how its made more than anything :joy:

1 Like

The OBJ? I don’t understand what you’re trying to explain…

Its just the model file so you can import it in to a modeling programme thats all

Do you have SFM? If you do, you should be able to download the models.

The engine uses a different format than .OBJ to have the model interact with the world. I’m not sure how exactly it interacts with the environment (as I don’t use SFM), but if its anything like the normal source engine its gonna use .MDL. There’s some converters around if you look hard enough, I’ve never used SFM, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to convert it to examine @GrizzleMarine.

1 Like

Cheers mate I’ll look in to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I may be overlooking something obvious from being a little sleep deprived, but how do I download these?

1 Like

You need Source FilmMaker, which is downloadable for free on Steam. If you have SFM, you have to subscribe to the uploader.

1 Like

There are programs to convert .mdl files to other file types like .fbx that you can then open in Maya

6 Likes

Can not… Upvote… enough…

How do you grab these, an easy way? 3ds studio has collected virtual dust on my hard drive.

Do us a favour and go in to TRS data bank and just throw me all the Evolve assets for Bear inspection thanks.

4 Likes

2K has all assets