New Community Member Q & A ! #3 :assault: :trapper: :medic: :support: 💗 :monster:

Hello Everyone!

It’s that time…

New Community Member Q & A!

Let us welcome new members to our forums & get some conversations started!

Remember: Your voice matters – even if you are considered just a mere ‘lurker.’ You’re one of the forumites & your presence is much appreciated in this community!

Even if sometimes, you feel when you put yourself out there… this happens:

This is a thread where we all share stories, thoughts, and feels w/ no attacks. (Not even adorable ones.)

Let’s do this thing.

1. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in your life, what would you do differently?

I would've pursued my dream earlier than at the age of 25.

2. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?

My cat, "Memaw." My photograph of my family & I in Puerto Rico. My septum jewelry from BVLA. My mazda3, "Sully." My macbook pro.

3. Share a compliment about another member in this community. If you can't think of one, share the most interesting compliment you have ever received.

I feel odd about picking favorites, so I will share the most interesting compliment I have ever received. I have been told *many* times that I look like either Elvis Presley, or Lisa Marie Presley. I don't see the resemblance & it happens so often that I can't even.
4 Likes

It’s your wardrobe of rhinestone encrusted jumpsuits that just won’t stop, dahling.

4 Likes

I summon @Hazarddex @Flopple @Punkotronic @DutchDemon @SupportMeSunny @vonny and @TheSadisticDragon!

6 Likes

1, buy a ps3 rather then a xbox 360 and go into programing college like i originaly planned…

1. my computer my, family, my house, the car, and my dog
  2. the guy who redirected my moster ideas to a pinned board. thanks :wink:
3 Likes

:bucket_salute:

3 Likes

I would have asked out the guy I liked (and now live with) a lot earlier than I did. And I wouldn’t have required bottles of champagne.

My dog Tali, my hair straightener (bangs, bro), my daughter’s pride ring my parents had made for me for my 16th birthday, my cellphone, and I guess my house (Cali EXPENSIVE).

I always enjoy reading @TomsMeatPlatter’s posts. I may not always agree with him, but they’re so well composed! (edit: I made it sound like I disagree with him a lot… I don’t… I’ll stop worrying about what I’m implying now)

5 Likes

If you had a chance for a “do-over” in your life, what would you do differently?

I feel like I could have done my whole college life smarter. Like, I spent a lot of money for a degree I don’t have, so if there was a way I could have skipped going to U of I, but still wound up working at Volition, that would be awesome. And then I wouldn’t be paying off a stupid student loan still.

If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?

My PS4 with P.T. on it (WHY KONAMI, :sob:), my wedding set (family heirlooms!), this charm I got at a Shinto shrine in Tokyo, my phone, my car!

(I don’t count pets as possessions, they’re my children.) I almost picked more things from my Silent Hill collection but I didn’t want to look too weird.

Share a compliment about another member in this community. If you can’t think of one, share the most interesting compliment you have ever received.

Hey @Hillbilly_Deathlord - you got the dankest memes.

3 Likes

Not sure yet. Haven’t messed up that badly.

My phone, laptop, headphones, tv, and uhh, a blue mechanical pencil.

I’ve been stalking the forums for a long time before I became a member. I saw a lot of @10shredder00’s posts back in the day and how he was one of the few that would point out that Monsters are genuinely underpowered. Most, if not all, of his posts shared my save points of views.
He’s a hugh mungus reason that I’ve joined the forums. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
  1. Well, I haven’t lived as much life as a lot of the rest of you, but if I had to pick one it probably be the entirety of last year :stuck_out_tongue: I made so many mistakes that I now regret and I would give anything to go back and have another shot at it.

2. Both of my cats, My Laptop, My Rubik’s Cube, and My Watch.

3. I take my hat off for @Sentry_Gun, for consistently being a friendly and diligent moderator of the forums without fail. Cheers :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

1. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in your life, what would you do differently?

Nothing really, I believe that what happens to you and how you react to it plays a larger role in how your life plays out is much larger than we can imagine so changing one thing means you can’t be where you are now!

But since that seems like a cop out answer, I’d probably say apply myself more in school. Got really good grades, kinda got bored in college so never finished but luckily have gotten decent paying jobs nonetheless.

My Computer, My Car, Tiger Balm, Beer and Cigars

3. Share a compliment about another member in this community. If you can’t think of one, share the most interesting compliment you have ever received.

This is more directed to Colonists in general. Most everybody here with that claw is pretty helpful to new players. Even if it’s the 100th time we’ve seen a post or topic we generally help out. I think that is reflective of the Community as a whole and something any game would kill for.

@snowkissed Thanks for the compliment. I get what you were saying, no need to explain. I see dem likes on my posts! :smile:

3 Likes

That’s so great. :slight_smile: @10shredder00

1 Like

Yay!

3 Likes

Um, probably how I reacted to someone leaving and tried harder to keep them from dropping all contact.

My laptop, phone, dog, and two of my parents hard drives with all of my family pictures from my childhood :3

@Tsathy yer a r00d itty bitty.

that’s a compliment right?

2 Likes

Ur 2 sweet.

2 Likes
    I would’ve worked out and start practicing developing game when i’m in high school.

My laptop,my jar of money,my wardrobe (with clothe),my bookshelf and my phone

3. Share a compliment about another member in this community. If you can’t think of one, share the most interesting compliment you have ever received.
    Nay

Nothing, I think that I have everything I need. When you want something, and you get it, the feeling of excitement won’t remain forever, Id rather want something cool than have it in all honesty. This is coming from someone that has lakefront property.

What would I want to keep you ask?

###1. I think I speak for the entire console community, I want to keep the ability to talk about balance on Evolve, to talk about what is currently happening in a game that I own, and love.

#2. My Dog, Bianca.
#3. My cat, Rolley.
#4. Evolve.
#5. Torvald Stavig.

@SledgePainter is an all around wonderful person that has a great personality, I feel as though she is forced to hide her real feelings of subjects on the internet, or over the forums as a moderator. Sledge was able to make me calm in a hard situation, and that is hard to do. So for that, I thank you.

4 Likes

Regret is strange, because I really value the lessons I’ve learned from making mistakes, even the ones that really derail your life for the worst. There’s plenty of points where I might’ve wanted things to go differently, but losing those lessons would just leave me vulnerable to making those same mistakes. Maybe if I could do it with retaining what I know now, I’d go back and ride the rails on my own, even though my friend bailed. I suppose I kind of regret eating all those campers who started throwing rare historical coinage at my pig sty/dwelling too.

My books, my guns, my boots, my suspenders, and all the rest of my possessions liquidated into cash.
That or my 5 autographed copies of Bee Movie.
My dogs aren’t really my possessions, we’re just friends, but they would certainly join me wherever I went.

I think the best compliment I ever got(I don’t generally know what to do with them) is when i was walking around town at night in a fake beard and a tophat. I was 15 or something, and there’s not a ton to do around here, so my friends and I would do bizarre shit like that all the time, though this isn’t particularly adventurous. I was walking down the sidewalk when a husband and wife with their daughter rounded a corner and faced me. the little girl stopped dead in her tracks, her jaw dropped and she looked up and shouted “LOOK MOMMY! A WIZARD!”, then her parents freaked, and pulled her across the street at a frightful pace so they didn’t walk past me. I laughed, and it made my night. I hope that kid is as awesome now as she was then.

As for a compliment I’ll pay one in kind to @LadieAuPair. You helped make RFG! My favorite Red Faction game. I thank you for contributing to my gaming experience in my youth! I never know what color your hair is going to be, and that’s an entirely dope exercise of adulthood, and I wish I did something as cool. And one for @Shaners as well for being one half of Shara, and keeping me from having lame ass Tuesdays. Plus you were in the 24 hour stream when I senselessly stayed for the whole thing. Memeories OP.

2 Likes

I always take time to read @Sidewaysgts so called “rants”, @Galactoid often makes me question whether I’m playing Evolve or if Evolve is playing me, and @Magnus_Medic makes some sick Hunter Skins!

4 Likes

Would go back and redo a very important friendship I once had that I screwed up. :frowning: Only thing I would ever do-over.

I don’t really have any material possessions that are absolutely vital to me, so I guess just my wallet (is that cheating? :stuck_out_tongue: ) and some chocolate milkshakes. [quote=“Shaners, post:1, topic:102706”]
Share a compliment about another member in this community. If you can’t think of one, share the most interesting compliment you have ever received.
[/quote]

@LordDerp You share my fondness of Kala and so you have excellent taste in friends and a good eye for personality. :wink: