Just saw this match from some of the TRS dev guys: http://www.twitch.tv/maniacsquirell/b/617082975?t=2h30m1s
It almost seems like games can last an infinite length of time. Every time the monster engages the round limit timer is paused. Every time the monster attacks the power relay his attack is canceled by one hunter bullet from across the map. Every time there is only one Hunter left he runs across the whole map until his team respawns. And this is repeated over and over and over.
It’s not really entertaining to watch or play and it would be terrible in a tournament environment that has a schedule to meet, games lasting 40 minutes+ would destroy tournament schedules. How can this be solved?
- Limit the number of dropship lives a team of hunters have: 3 or 5 lives per player max.
- Don’t have the overtime timer pause, there’s a 20 minute limit for a reason, having the timer pause nullifies the time limit.
- Nerf cloak recharge time. Every time the support survives a fight he cloaks up and runs. Particularly annoying on Cabot who can easily shoot the monster attacking the power relay across the map with the railgun.
- For each life the team loses increases the respawn timer of the dropship.
- Don’t cancel the monster attacks on the Power Relay with low damage. Only cancel it if he loses 20% or more of a bar of health.
Those are just a number of quick ideas I had, probably with number 1 being the best solution in a competitive environment. Thoughts?