Nest Mode rework idea

So I’ve been thinking on ways to change up the modes to bring new life and fun into them as well… This is my thoughts on a reworked nest…

Hunters goal is destroy all eggs and monster in allotted time (say 15min)… Monster goal is to survive the timer and save the eggs (in this mode timer works for monster, instead of Hunter like Hunt)…

Eggs locations are randomized on maps, so you don’t get the same layout every time…

Hunters must locate the eggs and destroy them. Eggs no longer show icons on all hunters huds at drop, location icons show to hunters when they are in close enough proximity 50m (so they have to search to locate, instead of just run toward them). The planet scanner in this mode doesn’t show monster location, instead I points to direction of egg closest to that Hunter.

Monster start at stage 1, and can’t evolve higher than stage 2. Only at stage 1 can monster hatch egg to form a minion. Monster cannot evolve while minion is on the map. When a monster is killed they respawn in a egg of their choosing after a 30sec delay. This make for a gameplay choice, do I spawn a minion to fight with me, or do I save my eggs for respawn…

Monster cannot win game by killing all hunters, in this mode hunters receive 2 strikes for first down, causing them to only be revived once. Once dead hunters return to drop ship they wait the set time of 2mins, dropship timer starts after first Hunter dies. Upon returning from dropship strikes are reset to none.

Sudden death happens when hunters have destroyed all eggs and only monster remains. In sudden death if monster kills all Hunter it wins, or Hunters kill monster for win. Timer stops only when hunters are attacking monster.

Oh man I would to see nest as a playable mode again it would definitely bring more variety to the game but I don’t know if I agree with the last 3 paragraphs

The goal of this mode is more the monster/eggs to survive the timer… Not wipe hunters… So every ingagment is taking up time, and preventing them from killing eggs, even if monster is killed (this is still a win for hunters also, due to when monster respawns thats another egg off the board)… The timer only stops during sudden death for attacks on the monster… During sudden death, since monster is all that remain planet scanner would show monster direction… Also trapper search tools still will locate the monster during the round as normal, so even thou the scanner doesn’t show the monster location, trapper tools will…

I know but the whole idea about nest was for the hunters to destroy all the eggs before the monster gets strong enough to wipe them oit.

This is a reimagining of Nest… Hunt mode works in that premise already (Hunter hunting and killing monster before it can evolve to stage 3)… In this its more a battle of attrition…

It’s a pretty cool survival kind of mode. As long as both sides can’t get a win simply by killing each other. Way to go @DaSlipryBuffalo!!!